FOURTY-SIX.

"I'ma get to know you better,
Kinda hope we're here forever."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

NADIA'S POV

NADIA'S POV.

I have no idea what time it is, or if it's even morning at all when I wake up. I feel stiff and like my body shouldn't even be awake at all. I try to sit up, but I get a sharp, stabbing pain in my right side that stops my movements immediately. I sigh and pray out to the god I don't believe in that it's not my period, even though I know it will be. My mind has been in a haze lately that I have been sleeping when I'm supposed to take my pill, or forgetting to take them completely.

    The amount of side effects taking the pill gave me was worth going through if it meant it got rid of my periods. Ever since they first started, my periods have been extremely heavy and irregular, I never know when they are going to come. They only last three days but that is due to them being so heavy. I would rather go through a five day period than going through a short one with a heavy flow.

    There is no pain quite like cramps.

    I try to sit myself up again and hiss out in pain when I manage to do it, feeling yet another stab on my right side. I look around my room trying to remember how I ended up in bed and to try and figure out what time it is. It's hard to see as the room is still dark because of my blinds being closed and I see a clump on the floor at the end of my bed. I know that this mound underneath the blanket is Corey. He is sleeping peacefully so I will try my hardest not to wake him up with my movements or from crying out in pain.

    I'm used to suffering in silence anyway.

    Seeing Corey on my floor makes the memories of last night rush to the front of my brain, reminding me of everything. It was a nice night and consisted of just the two of us, which is something we can rarely get to have and be free. I was in pain and tired but he helped me to forget about it as my mind wanted to focus on him more than the pain occurring in my body.

    It was nice having this moment with him, relishing in my feelings for him until I was brought back to reality of my life. Corey left out glasses on the table and so I went in to put them in the dishwasher, not realising that he would be in here still talking on the phone.
    He was on the phone to his dad on loudspeaker so I heard everything that was being said. His dad doesn't approve of my relationship with Corey and is doing everything in his power to try and stop it, which confirms the darkest thoughts I get when thinking about my possible future with Corey.

    Corey deserves someone better than me, I know it, his dad thinks it and I'm sure Corey does too and when Willem finds out his thoughts will be the same. If this surgery didn't work, like we are all dreading, then he won't want to stay with me. He won't want to have to look after me for the rest of his life, I will only bring him and his career down, just like his dad told him on the phone.