blatanly obvious

Age: 16

*also, I've had people comment/message me lately complaining that most of my one shots in this book and my Nat book are wlw. I try to cater to everyone who reads this as much as I can but honestly I write these because I actually enjoy doing it more than anything and if you aren't comfortable reading wlw then simply don't read it.
Like I said, I do try to write both but it honestly just depends on my mood.

Scarlett:
Having my daughter in my science class is not always easy. She thinks she should have all these "benefits" that I don't give her, such as never getting homework, always giving her A's. The list goes on.

Despite the fact that she always has something to complain about or critique me on, I love being able to see my daughter during the day. I especially get a lot of enjoyment watching her make a fool of herself in front of the girl she very obviously has a crush on.

"Dating" as such has never really been something we've talked about together. Not on purpose, but Y/N has always been quite a shy kid therefore anytime I've tried to bring it up she changes the subject. Also, I think that has to do with the fact that I know she's been struggling to come to terms with her sexuality.

She hasn't come out (not that she needs to) but I've always known Y/N wasn't straight. Never had she shown an interest in boys. Not even when she'd binge watch Disney movies all over again and most girls at the age of eight had crushes on the prince.

My daughter however blatantly told me at six years old that she wanted to marry a princess. Not a prince.

__

Today in class I assigned a project that had to be done in pairs. Usually I let my students choose, but today I didn't, wanting to make sure Y/N was working with Ally due to the obvious crush they have on one another.

I'd say it was for selfless reasons, but I really just want to see what they're like together out of school. Specifically, what Ally is like.

"How was the rest of you day?" I ask my daughter as we get into the car. "Good. Can Ally come over after school tomorrow to work on that project?" She questions. "What? You're not going to complain about the fact I gave you homework?" I laugh. "I hardly complain," she rolls her eyes.
"Whatever you say," I sigh, "and yes, she can."
"Thank you," she smiles shyly.

"So..." I start as I pull out of the parking lot. "So?"
"Like anyone?" I questions. Y/N turns her head to me, looking confused. "What do you mean?"
"I mean, do you like anyone?"

She shrugs, "I don't like that many people. Mainly just you and the neighbours dog."

I laugh and shake my head. "Not like that, Y/N/N. I meant, do you have a crush on someone?" I explain further. "Ohhhhh. No, I don't. The boys in this school suck," she giggles.

"It doesn't have to be a boy," I tell her, a subtle smirk on my lips. Out the corner of my eye I see her face fill with worry before turning her head to look back out the window. "Y/N?"
"Hmm?" She hums. I take her hand in mine - not that I recommend driving with one hand - and squeeze it tightly. "You know, I don't mean to assume anything and whether or not you believe me, I've known for a while now," I speak softly.

"How long?" She mumbles. "Well, when you were six you said you'd rather marry a princess over a prince. I had a pretty good idea then," I smile. A shaky breath escapes her lips. "I wish I wasn't like this," she admits.

This physically hurts to hear my daughter say, so I take a left at the traffic lights and pull into the parking lot of one of her favourite coffee/book shops. "What are you doing?" She questions. "Come with me," I smile gently, getting out the car and walking around to the passenger side. She follows suit, taking my hand as we walk into the shop.

"I feel like it's probably been too long since I've reminded you how loved you are," I admit, "and I'm sorry for that. So, we're gonna have a coffee and some cake and then go book shopping. Sound okay?"
A small smile forms on her lips as she nods.

Once we've ordered and find a table, I brush the hair out of my daughters face before sitting back in my chair. "Going back to what you said in the car, I want you to know that I wouldn't change a single thing about you. No, nobody is perfect but you're pretty damn close. You mean the world to me, my sweet girl."

Y/N's eyes become glassy. "I love you, mom," she smiles. "I love you too."

When our coffee comes over and I go to take a sip, I notice Y/N hesitating talking. "What's up?" I ask. "I like Ally," she rushes out. Her face instantly turns red and I smile widely. "I know. It's very obvious," I giggle.

"Is that why you put us together in the project?" She rolls her eyes jokingly. "Sure is," I smirk.

Y/N sighs dramatically and leans back in her chair. "Thank you."

__________
going to do a part 2 to this!

make sure to take care of yourself today and treat yourself like someone you love 🤍 I can guarantee you're doing better than you think you are!