eleven.

"do people assume you're always alright, been so good at smilin most of your life."
homecoming queen? by kelsea ballerini

two months, i've been confined to my home

two. freaking. months.

since my control freak mother will not let me leave because she is afraid i will run to sherlock, she decided to keep me in the house, not even allowed to fulfill my duties as lady of basilwether because she is so paranoid.

after a week of begging, she finally allowed me to go to fulfill my duties, which i have an ulterior motive.

to go see sherlock, obviously. i haven't kept in touch for two months because hey, i couldn't write anyone either. i got into a carriage and made my way to breakfast somewhere in london. after exiting, i made my way to a small restaurant and ordered a dundee cake to fill my stomach. i turned around, colliding with a broad chest.

"i'm so sorry." i apologize, looking up i notice the man of the hour. sherlock holmes.

"your mother finally leave, eh?" he laughs.

"indeed she did. two months was an extreme bore, even if i had ambrose." i explain, dusting off the residue off my dress.

the door swung open. i didn't acknowledge this until a hand grasped my upper arm. my mother.

"constance. i knew i couldn't trust you, leaving. i knew you were going to run to this boy!" she tugged my arm out the door, sherlock shot me a sympathetic smile as the door closed.

once we made it home, she yelled at me for many reasons. after 5 minutes, it just became white noise. after 10 i couldn't even hear her anymore. tears just slid down my cheeks.

"i know good and well you are not crying young lady!" her hand collides with my face, but i just sit there, wiping my tears from my cheeks. "acknowledge me!" my mother cries.

"i'm sorry." is all i say before standing up and walking up the stairs to my bedroom. i could not take anymore of the confrontation.

i let the tears that were sitting in my water line fall, a small whimper escaping my lips. my mother always forced me to be a perfectionist, and it was horrible for me. i was trying to live my life without becoming her. i had to get out.

somehow someway i would get out.