I made a new friend...

(Sam's POV)

It seemed like a normal day in Grover Corporations. Prem and Ayesha were still talking and giggling loudly in the cabin but I couldn't care less about as.
    The ambience of chill and cold. I feel the need to get some coffee. Before I get up to get some coffee, I can hear some footsteps entering the cabin.

"Come in"
Prem signals him to come inside and then enters a tall guy, He looked that he was around 23 or 24. He had Messy hair but his outfit was clean and ironed.

"I'm here for the interview of the assistant secretary"
"Yeah come on in"

Prem started asking him certain questions and he replied confidently to them . I could see Ayesha eyeing him up and down
Gosh! What's up with her
I should not get into their personal matters tho, I'll be okay as much as I stay away from them.

After 20 minutes, Prem says
"You can go and sit near her and she will explain you everything you have to do "
That guy approaches me and addresses his hand "Hello, I'm Kartik, your assistant secretary from now on " he says with a smile.
"Hey, I'm Samaya. Nice to meet you. Have a seat."

The next hour passes by us discussing about our work and some small personal talks. Mrs Grover keeps bringing lunch for me as well as Prem and almost everyone in the office is suspicious.
       "Is there some relation that you have with Mr Grover "
Kartik asked while sipping coffee

        "Yeah! He is my fiance"
I could see kartik almost choked on his coffee. I let out a small laugh

K:       "What! But it doesn't even look like - and what about the other woman who looks like his girlfriend"

S:        "Because she is his girlfriend. He likes her and that is why he wants to call off our wedding"

K:.         "You mean to say you wouldn't have any problem in marrying him if she wasn't there.

S:.        "Ofcourse! I have to do this for my parents and my younger brother's future. I'll figure out something on my own. Marriage is not that big of a deal anyways" I let out a chuckle to ease the situation.

Since the next few days Kartik and I became really nice friends. We would share everything from the office till outside. He is actually a very sweet person.
      "Are you interested in anyone"
I asked casually to Kartik
      "Yeah! There is someone since the past few days"
Kartik says looking Deep into my eyes, uh wait Sam come back to your senses.
    *Phone rings*

"Hey Kartik just wait for a minute my mom is calling."
     "Yeah mom"
Mom: "Sam Today is Garba at our House since it's the first day of Navratri. You can call one of your friend not more. And I've already invited Prem and his family so make sure you look pretty."

"Alright Maa! I'll do it"

I turn to Kartik, "kartik today is a garba function at our house so if you would like to joi-"
"I'm coming" said Kartik excitedly. I almost felt like laughing looking at him. I nudge Kartiks shoulder until I see something staring at us angrily.

"Both of you! Please focus on your work" Prem shouts and gives us a jumpscare.
"Yes Sorry Sir" both of us say unitedly.

So here is Prem back at his form. From the first day I saw him. There is so much to him that I would never be able to understand. Oh gosh I'm just thinking
"What if this calling out the wedding plan doesn't work and I'm stuck with Prem! He will drive me nuts man!"
Ah whatever! Let's just finish the work and go home.

I reach home and see that there is some absolute chaos in my house. It looks like a zoo except for everyone is dressed in beautiful dresses.
Hahah. My mom comes to me and says,
"What is the time Samaya, now go upstairs very fast and wear the saree I've chosen for you. Okay!"
Alright Maa
I could never argue with Maa. I just hope she has chosen some less revealing blouse for me cuz Prem and Kartik both are going to be here and I want to look presentable.
I wear the blue saree with lot of beautiful patterns on it and pair it with some nice jewellery. I do apply a little bold makeup today and keep my hair open.
I go down and as I'm walking down the stairs I can see him and his family sitting together and all of them start looking at me.
But one person catches my attention,  Ayesha! What is she doing here? Is Prem going to really call off our wedding today? Is it going to happen today? I become excited to think about what is going to happen sooner.
I look for Kartik but I can't see him!  Maybe he didn't come yet.

" Hello Samaya beta! You are looking very pretty. Isn't it Prem?"
Mrs Grover turns to Prem
Gosh! why is she putting us in an uncomfortable situation now!
"Yeah she looks beautiful"
Prem says without even looking at me!
okay it's okay! I get seated with them and my mom calls us for the Puja. Before the Pooja is going to begin I can hear up the doorbell ring and then I excitedly go to meet Karthik. I open the door but it's not him it's someone else. I get sad that he didn't come and then we again continue our Puja.
After reciting the entire aarti my mom said that now everyone be seated and she gives them Prasad 1 by 1 as she is giving the Prasad I can hear the doorbell one more time and this time Karthik has entered.
My mom turns to me,
      "Is he or her friend which you are going to bring?"
I nod and then she excitedly runs up to Kartik.
"Oh welcome beta!"
" Namaste Aunty! am I a little late!"
"Oh no beta we just got over with the puja"
Kartik smiles and gives my mom a sweets box
(Yeah it's an indian thing whenever you visit someone's house)
My mom looks impressed as well as all the others. Kartik then touches my Mom's, Dad's and elders feet.
"Kartik beta you are so sweet"
My mom definitely looks impressed by him. But not only her almost everyone here.
Kartik then comes to sit beside me and Prem and Ayesha are sitting in front of us! This looks intense.

I wonder what Prem is going to do will he say the truth about Ayesha today itself or will he drag it for more time?