10

As soon as they walked in, their mutual friends flocked to Bianca, who strutted directly over to Wednesday who was talking to a plant.

"Well, it's good to see that you're finally making friends. Even if it's just a plant," Bianca snarked, raising her eyebrows.

Wednesday's eyes trailed over Evelyn before finally flicking back to Bianca. "I go for quality over quantity."

Bianca scoffed.

"And I usually don't go for the damaged goods."

Evelyn felt her lips curl up into a snarl but Bianca grabbed her arm and dragged her away to a seat beside her. "I could've gotten her."

"Absolutely but you didn't so..." Yoko said, smirking slightly.

"Fuck off, Yoko," Evelyn retorted sourly. Albert flopped himself on top of her books, lazily blinking as they waited for Miss Thornhill to walk in.

"What is with that Wednesday, anyway?" Yoko asked, crossing her arms as she subtly looked at Wednesday walking down the aisle.

"She's in Ophelia Hall, isn't she?" Bianca asked, looking at Evelyn with concern in her eyes.

"I believe so," Evelyn agreed.

"Good. I can't wait to crush her in the Poe cup."

"I doubt Miss Addams is amused by your drawings, Mr Thorpe," Miss Thornhill jabbed playfully at the tortured artist. Bianca barely concealed her snort as Wednesday's hand came slamming down upon the lead spider.

Evelyn patted her face gently, suddenly realising she didn't have any make-up on. "Well, shit."

"Would you like to say something, Miss Dolce?" Miss Thornhill smiled warmly at her.

"May I go to the bathroom?" Evelyn asked politely, already in the process of getting up.

"Of course."

Evelyn nodded and quickly made her way to the nearest bathroom. She pulled out her makeup bag and concealed as many of her blemishes, hiding the dark circles around her eyes.

"What do I do? No one believes me that there's a monster out there," Evelyn said. Arnold sat up on the counter staring at her with sad eyes.

"He was right there...I saw the whole thing."

"We can't go back," Evelyn muttered, rubbing her face wearily.

"Why not?"

"Arnold, there's a monster out there," Evelyn said, looking at him like he's gone mad.

"So? Evelyn, you're a freaking demigod," Arnold deadpanned.

"I bleed like a mortal," Evelyn replied, referencing her first official crime on record.

"They can't have left no evidence. We can go out at the end of the day. Travel by tree," Arnold reasoned.

Evelyn nodded, "You're right. And there's no way a seven foot monster can climb up a tree."

Arnold grinned and fist-bumped Evelyn.

"Thank you," Evelyn muttered. With a slight bounce in her step, she reentered the botany room to see Xavier ending some kind of heated debate between Wednesday and Bianca.

She reclaimed her place beside Bianca and Arnold rushed to dive into her pocket. "Welcome back, Miss Dolce. You took a while."

"My apologies, Miss Thornhill. I got caught up," Evelyn half-lied easily. She glanced over to Wednesday and Xavier's table while Thornhill continued teaching to find Wednesday staring her down. She winked playfully at her before turning her attention back to the front.