|| Jealousy

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

Y/N chatted with Hermione and the others about anything—the Triwizard Tournament, Quidditch, and even dinner. They occasionally stopped when Fred and George slipped in their names in the Goblet alongside a few other random students Y/N couldn't remember.

"I was thinking of going to Hogsmeade and buying a—" Hermione's voice was drowned out by cheers emanating from the other side of the room.

"Silverthorn! Silverthorn! Silverthorn!"

The chant echoed, and the Great Hall doors swung open to reveal Evangeline, followed by the headmaster of Ilvermony, and a group of other students a step behind her.

"Oi," Ron nudged Y/N and Harry. "She's easy on the eyes, ain't she? Evangeline Silverthorn, I mean."

Y/N scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Yeah, but she's rotten on the inside."

"So, you agree she's easy on the eyes?" Harry teased, a mischievous smirk playing on his lips.

"That's not—" Y/N began to protest, only to lock eyes with Evangeline.

Evangeline responded with a dramatic smirk, blowing Y/N a theatrical kiss that didn't go unnoticed by the surrounding crowd. Gasps rippled through the room, and Y/N shot Evangeline an unimpressed glare, crossing her arms defiantly.

Hermione—with a hint of irritation in her voice, mumbled, "She's going to put her name in."

Evangeline confidently approached the Goblet of Fire, her eyes never leaving Y/N's. The whispers and hushed conversations spread like wildfire among the students as they gossiped about what Evangeline and Y/N had.

"Silverthorn!" The chant echoed through the Great Hall as Evangeline smoothly dropped a piece of parchment with her name into the Goblet.

The room erupted in cheers, and Evangeline turned back, giving Y/N a triumphant smile, then mouthed, "This is for you."

Y/N couldn't help but feel annoyed and mouthed back, "Shut up."

The chanting of Evangeline's name suddenly ceased, replaced by a hushed silence. Y/N furrowed her eyebrows, scanning the room for the source of the interruption. A familiar figure entered with calculated confidence, breaking the tension with his presence.

"Viktor Krum!" Ron whispered excitedly.

"We get it, Ron," Hermione playfully rolled her eyes. "You're captivated with him."

"Am not!" Ron retorted.

Y/N redirected her focus to Viktor, who gracefully placed his name into the Goblet. Viktor's gaze lingered on someone, and Y/N followed his line of sight, landing on Hermione, who was exchanging smiles with the Durmstrang boy.

A pang of jealousy surged within Y/N as she noticed the way he'd look at Hermione—her Hermione, her girl. With a subtle frown, she grabbed Hermione's hand and squeezed it tight. Viktor noticed and looked over at Y/N who was shooting him daggers.