|| Practice

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

      ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

"Not a word?" Hermione said, a small gasp leaving her lips as she flicked through the Daily Prophet.

      "No," said Y/N, annoyance slightly flickering through her face. "I don't know why he's so angry."

       Hermione frowned and reached for Y/N's hand over the table. "I was thinking . . ."

       "This ought to be good."

       With an eye roll, Hermione paused, her fingers drumming on the table's surface. She studied Y/N for a moment before continuing. "I started a thing."

       "A thing?" Y/N's eyebrows arched skeptically.

       "This," Hermione said, cocking her head down at the box that sat next to her. Picking it up, she put it in between her and Y/N. When she took off the lid, Y/N's mouth parted in surprise as she looked at what was inside.

       There were about fifty badges with fifty different colors — but it all bore the same name, "S.P.E.W"

      "Spew?" Y/N asked, reaching for one. Holding it up the air between her fingers, twisting it around. "So, like, spew as in vomit?"

       "No," Hermione scoffed, prying it out of Y/N's hand. Then, very proudly, said, "Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare!"

       "Never heard of it," Y/N said.

       "Duh," Hermione said as if she were dumb. "I've only just started it."

       "How many members do you have?" Y/N asked.

       "Four — including myself," Hermione said. "Five, if you join. You will, won't you?"

       "Yeah, sure," Y/N shrugged indifferently.

       "Really?" Hermione said, the corners of her mouth twitching.

       "Sure, why not?"

        Hermione extended her palm. "Two sickles, please."

       "What?" Y/N's eyebrow shot up even higher.

       "Two sickles to support the plight of the poor little elves, Y/N," Hermione's grin faded into a serious expression. "I've delved deep into the library on this. Elf enslavement has a long history. Astonishingly, nobody has taken action before."

        "Well," Y/N began, tentatively. This seemed like something Hermione was passionate about. And Y/N knew better than to go against Hermione when she was passionate. But she had to say something. "That's kind of the whole thing of elves. Isn't it? To serve, I mean."

        Hermione shot Y/N a nasty glare and the Ravenclaw sulked in her seat. "That's not fair."

        "It's just how it works," Y/N said. Not thinking much of it.