★ Chapter - 17

"I.. I didn't do anything atha. I just my friends planned a surprise for me",Ishita looked down feeling ashamed not because she has to explain it to Shyamala but because she was held accountable in front of her friends.

"At midnight? You couldn't inform anyone?",she asked again. Shyamala's voice boomed in the whole room.

Everyone in the room had a serious look on their face. Aadhira was looking at them with her hand in her mouth sucking her fingers as if it was some potato fries and looking at the drama happening.

"Sri, You go inside along with Aadhira",Ram said to which Sri nodded.

Aadhira's m.v : Noooo, daddaaa pleaseeee! I want too watchhh! This evil aunty getting punished is my favorite thing to watch. I don't want to go innnn. Pleaseeeee!

Aadhira makes noises trying to stop but all her efforts went in vain as Sri took her to the room.

Aadhira's m.v : Hmph! I am angry mamma, why did you not let me stay there and watch it?

Aadhira asked her the same in her gibberish language to Sri who was worried about what was going on there.

"Kanna(dear), you want to go there?",she asked and Aadhira nodded immediately.

"But, didn't dadda ask us both to stay here? Dadda never does that does he? So if he said something then it will be for our good only, right?",Sri asks and Aadhira nods.

Aadhira's m.v : Mamma is right! Love you mamma muah

Aadhira gives a flying kiss to Sri while Sri chuckles at her little baby's acts. She was the only one who can make her smile at any possible situation. Sri kisses Aadhira's cheeks to which Aadhira giggles.

"Uh oh, yours toys are all there in the living room. What shall we do now?",Sri asked thinking what could the mother daughter duo possibly do.

"Mammaaaa... Ma..ma..shaaa",she said pointing towards the television.

"Do you want to see, Masha and the bear my little baby?",Sri asks to which Aadhu nods.

She switched on the television and put on the show Masha and the Bear. Aadhira was immersed in watching the show, while Sri took out her laptop to check work mails and also have a short meeting with then.

One and half hour passed and Sri checked her mails and had a short meeting with her team. She summerized their work and deadlines for the next  day. The designs were a big deal to get approved and Sri wanted them to be done before hand so that they get some extra time if there are any changes in the last minute.

She was working as a Senior Designer in a Jewellery Company and currently working from home.

Once she was done, she wanted to go outside and check if everything was alright. Aadhira was already fast asleep. She put pillow walls around her and after assuring that she was in deep sleep.

She went out to see only Ram entering the home from outside.

"What happened, Ram garu?",she asked.

"She went to surprise her boyfriend for his birthday, she admitted it",Ram said and Sri gasped in shock.

"Oh God! Where are athayagaru and mamayyagaru?",she asked.

"They took her and went to village in car itself. I tried to stop them, but amma said she doesn't want Ishita to stay here anymore",he explained and she nodded.

"You should have called me once, Ram garu. I didn't even tell them bye",she said and sighed.

"It's okay, Sri! We'll meet them soon, they just need to complete talking and I'll bring them back home",he said and she nodded.

"I'll cook dinner, you don't worry about it and just take care or is Aadhu sleeping?",he asked.

"Yeah, she was watching Masha and the bear and dozed off. I am sure that Masha is the influence for our Aadhu being like this",she said shaking her head with a small smile on her face.

"Well, that would be because she got in her genes from one of her parents as well maybe",he said 😏smirking.

"Oh, this is why athayagaru keeps telling me, bearing three girls was so easy and you were the toughest to handle",she says wiping the smirk off his face.

"Its not like I haven't heard stories from my athayagaru as well",he said and both of them laughed.

"Freshen up and come, andi then you can cook and I'll help you",she said while he was trying to control his blush.

"Fine, okay!",he said and went to freshen up while Sri sat on the couch. She heard her phone ringing and rushed to find it, but couldn't find it anywhere.

Before she could search more, her phone stopped ringing. She sighed and started searching the whole house and finally found it in the kitchen cabinet.

Smacking herself, she opened her phone to see who called her. It was from her boss and she immediately called back.

After having a brief conversation with her, she cut the call and was lost in deep thought. It was time, that she has to take a decision and all the things were going in her brain weren't of any help either.

In the mean time, Ram came back after freshening up and looked at Sri Devi who was lost in thoughts. He brought Aadhira along with him, as she woke up in middle but he put her back to sleep again.

He walked towards Sri and sat beside her. Sri looked back at him and gave him a faint smile.

"All okay?",he asked and she nodded.

"Lies, lies, telling lies is not a good thing Srimathi Sri Devi",he said looking into her eyes and that's all took her to break down in front of him.

Both of them are not used to hiding things from each other and that would be the last thing they'll ever do. No matter what happens, Sri would share it with Ram and vice versa.

She kept her head on his shoulder and let all the tears out. Once she felt like it was enough she wiped her tears. He cupped her face and made her look at him.

"Tell me what is bothering, my ammadi",he asked.

"Shreini is asking me to make a decision now. It's either I go back to office or be on bench by giving up on this project. I don't know what decision to make, I can't leave Aadhu alone at home at the same time this project is also something crucial that I've been working on. I am so confused, Ram garu. What would you do if you were in my place?",she asked.

To be continued..

Hello darlings and sweeties❤💚

How are you all doing? I missed you all and don't be jealous but I missed Aadhu more 🙈

I know it was me who didn't talk to her, but she was sweet enough to forgive me. I hope you all will too!

Anyways, how was the update?

I have a question for you all, I just had it randomly in my mind and I had a discussion with my friends as well and hearing their views was something surprising.

So the question is, Do you all agree too that it should be mother who has to sacrifice her career at some point for the baby?

It's just a random thought on my mind, please don't criticise anyone's view and thank you if you are answering!

Also, thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and comment your views, I love reading them over and over.

Now that's all for today, will meet you in next update. Till then, take care and sending you all so many chocolates and love

Your Author
Sakshi Devi