Chapter 17

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

After the man had told them his story he left the kitchens to go out to the bar and relax after the week he's had floating in the ocean. 

When he was gone Luffy went back to cleaning dishes while Sanji and Kairi headed outside to the bar to sit down and chill out for the rest of the night, getting to know each other a little more.

It was a little later when Zeff came back into the kitchens to make sure everything was in order before he was done for the night. He walked straight over to Luffy to see if he had finished up yet. 

"Right, are we done yet?" He asks and Luffy looks over to him with some plates in hand. Because of how wet and slippery his hands were the plates fell right out of them and smashed onto the floor. "You're lousy at it. But at least you do as you're told in this kitchen." 

"If you think Sanji's gonna give up on his dream because of you, then forget it." Luffy says, knowing that is who Zeff was talking about. 

"Excuse me?" Zeff says, surprised by what Luffy has said.

"You heard me." Luffy says, getting annoyed with Zeff. "You may have banned him from the line, but you can't stop him from cooking." 

"Oh, really?" 

"Yeah, really. This pirate washed up earlier, and you know what Sanji did? He cooked for him, right here in your kitchen, because your rules matter less to him than making sure a hungry man got fed." Luffy says.

"He did that, did he? What a good kid." Zeff says, proud of Sanji.

"Luffy, we've got a problem." Usopp says, running into the kitchen interrupting their conversation.

Zeff lets Luffy go and he follows Usopp towards the ship where Zoro and Nami were. As soon as he walks into the kitchens he sees Nami staring at Zoro and Zoro was checking his swords.

"Maybe you can convince him to call it off." Nami says as he walks in the room.

"I won't do that." Zoro says.

"Where's Kairi?" Luffy asks, knowing she went out of the kitchens and to the bar with Sanji so they should have seen her.

"We thought she might have been with you." Usopp says.

"I'm sure she's fine, right now we have something else to deal with." Nami says and Luffy let's it slide because he knows that Sanji will take care of Kairi where ever they are. He could see the protectiveness Sanji has for Kairi whenever he would look at her.

"Did you see the size of that guy's sword? He will slice you into sashimi." Nami says.

"What's going on?" Luffy asks, trying to decipher it but it was a little confusing.

"I'll tell you what's going on. Your big, bad Marine grandpa sent a Warlord of he sea to bring you in, and instead of getting the hell out of here when he had the chance, Zoro challenged him to a duel." Nami explains.