Chapter 21

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

The two of them run back to the Going Merry, wanting to check in with Luffy knowing he is taking everything with Nami very hard. However when they get there they only see Usopp in the kitchen.

"Hey, how's Luffy?" Sanji asks, placing his hand around Kairi's waist.

"He seems a bit better. He's just having a shower and getting changed." Usopp says, not liking that his new friend was upset.

"How about you?" Kairi asks.

"Me? I'm good, great actually. The Great Captain Usopp can never be put down." Usopp says, trying to make us smile, as he usually does.

"Hopefully we can all learn a little something from the Great Captain Usopp." Kairi says with a smile, happy that someone was being like themselves.

"I should head back, help Zeff clean the place up. Let me know if you need me, okay?" Sanji tells Kairi and Usopp but mostly Kairi.

"Yeah, I'll probably just check on Zoro and then Luffy." Kairi says.

"Okay." Sanji says, kissing Kairi on the cheek before leaving the kitchens and going back to Baratie.

When Kairi looks up at Usopp after Sanji left she can see the smirk on his face from a mile away.

"What?" Kairi says, a bright smile lighting up her features and a light blush dusting her cheeks.

"Kairi's got a boyfriend, Kairi's got a boyfriend." Usopp taunts but is secretly happy that she's happy.

"Stop. We haven't even spoke about anything like that." Kairi says.

"Well, it seems like you both like each other so just do what Kaya and I did. Kiss. And preferably before we leave. Unless he is coming with us. That would be amazing, think of all the food." Usopp says, starting to daydream about the food.

If there is one thing Luffy and Usopp have in common, it's their love for food.

"I just might do that." Kairi says.

"Make sure he comes with us so that we get amazing food?" Usopp asks.

"No, kiss him." Kairi says, getting a little shy.

"That's a great idea, then he'll defiantly want to come and cook for us so he can be with you." Usopp says.

"Luffy's already asked him and he was on the fence about it. He doesn't want to leave Zeff." Kairi says.

"Oh...yeah. That makes sense. Well then, cherish the time you have together while you have it." Usopp says.

"Thanks, Usopp." Kairi says, walking over to him and giving him a hug.

"Just one question." Usopp says as they pull apart.

"Yeah?"

"Are you a mermaid and if so I have a lot of questions about it." Usopp says.