Chapter 29

Kairi's POV:

Kairi's POV:

After everything went down at Arlong Park, we headed back to Coco Village to tell them the good news. The town rejoiced, happy to finally be free of the awful pirates so they decided to have a celebration to thank us and to celebrate their freedom.

Sanji spent a while in the kitchen cooking enough food to feed all of the villagers and the rest of us helped the villagers get the town ready for a little celebration and clean up a bit.

When night time rolled around the party commenced. Sanji came out with a massive tray filled with different foods to feed to the town, Usopp was sat with a bunch of kids and some of the villagers as he told them the same pirate stories he would tell Kaya. Nami was sat off to the side watching all the kids run around with sparklers and the villagers happy, she felt happy because they felt free. 

As soon as I saw her there I went and sat beside her wanting to make sure she is okay.

"Are you okay?" I ask her. I know it's a stupid question but I want to check in with her after the day we've had.

"I feel a lot better now." She says, turning her head to me and giving me a smile.

"Good, you should feel happy. Look at how happy everyone is, you did this." I tell her and she just laughs. 

"I couldn't have done this alone. I couldn't have done it without any of you. I was stupid to think that Arlong would leave if I paid him." 

"It's not stupid, you were trying to save your town." I tell her.

"It doesn't matter now. Everything is good again." She says.

"Yeah." I say, looking off to the side and seeing Sanji plating up some food to Nojiko.

"What's going on there?" Nami asks me.

"What?" I say, forgetting that she was next to me.

"You two. I've seen how you look at each other. Is anything gonna happen there?" She asks me.

"I don't know." I say, watching as he laughs with Nojiko.

"Why not?" 

"He's a natural flirt. He flirts with everyone, he flirted with you when he first met you. He's flirting with your sister now. Maybe he just pities me." I say.

"Have you asked him." She asks.

"No, but..." I say, looking over my shoulder at him again as he jokes with Zoro.

"Well, then. No time like the present." Nami says, with a teasing smile as she gets up.

"Nami. Nami!" I whisper shout at her but she is already heading over to him.

I get up and run after her but as soon as I see her get closer to Sanji I run the opposite way and hide behind a barrel. This is so embarrassing.

"Do you like Kairi?" Nami straight up asks Sanji.