5. Jackie and Les

On a Sunday afternoon, Les is resting on this bed staring at the ceiling and lost in his thoughts, "here we are two, single, very sexual attractive heterosexual male and female in our prime. Living in the same apartment and not once have we come close to making moves on one another, but we had certain accidental encounters with me arriving home catching Jackie walking around in her underwear, plus the both of us accidentally walking in on one another using the bathroom. I'm surprised we are not a couple; we get along fine and we met each other folks, letting them know about our mutual agreement. I remember when Jackie first met my family, pops pulled me to the side telling me, 'Les, what's this? I know you done picked-up the bat and hit off a few sliders and homers son, mutual agreement my ass!' Mom lets me know 'she'll make a good mother for her grandchild!' When I told my big brothers Seth and David, Seth told me, 'Yeah right and I'm a stoned-cold virgin!" David tells me, 'That's how Stacy and I started, shack up and today we're married with three kids.' Meeting her folks was really an experience, especially her Uncle Herman, he tells me, and 'my niece and God-daughter Jackie is my pride and joy young man. I don't want to ever hear about you mistreating her wrong. If I ever, yo ass belongs to me!" Her mom had pop-quizzed me about my folks, what I am doing and what I am going to do with my life. We mentioned our mutual agreement and the terms of living together to them, her mom and uncle laughed so loud, Jackie and I thought they were going to go into cardiac arrest. I really like living here with Jackie, but this me have to pretend to be gay for her gentlemen callers has got to stop. Actually, one Romeo has the gall to ask me, how long have I been this way and am I seeing anyone. Man, I wanted to break and put an end to this charade, bi-freak coming on to me, while he is going out with Jackie. My off and on-again girlfriend Tasha and her jealous tirade, I remember first introducing her to Jackie. The way she reacted, she must have thought I was sharing this apartment with a granny or a lesbian. She really showed her ass, especially when I told her Jackie was no lesbian."  Les is getting up from his bed and leaving the room. He muttered to himself, "Let me get me get out of here." He is leaving his bedroom, he notices Jackie in the living room, sitting on the couch watching a movie on TV. She looks at him and asks, "Going out?" He replies, "Just going out for a walk." Jackie stops him saying, "Hold up, Les. I need to ask you something. Do you like living here with me?" Les answers, "Of course I like living here with you, Jackie. But this thing where I have to pretend to be gay for the guys you dating has got to stop." She told him, "You don't have to pretend anymore." Les said, "Okay! Listen, I'm going to the store. Do you want anything?" Jackie says, "Yeah, can you get me a three-liter bottle of Sprite, please?" She gives him the money and he take it. They both smile at each other. In the hallway, outside the apartment, Les is waiting for the elevator whispering to himself, "Jackie wants me. I can feel it!" At the same time, Jackie says to herself, "Les wants me. I can feel it!"

THE END.