Chapter 54

Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals.

.

.

.

Despite your initial emotional turmoil, sleep did come easy. Maybe it was the exhaustion, though you did end your hike early. Most likely, it was the comforting smell of Jungkook and knowing he was just there, right next to you. Close enough to run your hands through that silky hair and touch his perfect smooth skin.

Of course, those thoughts were long forgotten by the time you woke up, replaced by a faint memory of the dream you just had that felt too good to be true.

You were woken up by someone knocking at the door. Realizing that Jungkook was already gone, you scrambled out of bed with messy hair and still a little disoriented and dizzy. A hotel worker was standing in front of you, but there was something else: she had a suitcase that looked suspiciously like yours.

"Hello, I was informed that your suitcase arrived just this morning", she said in Korean. "I was told to bring it upstairs. Was there anything else missing?"

"Thank you! No, that was all."

She handed you the luggage, wished you a great day and left. You closed the door behind her, relieved to have finally received your belongings. 

You took a shower, got changed into clothes that were your own and did your make-up after you applied sunscreen on your entire body. With only your phone and room key card in your pocket, you made your way downstairs to get breakfast. Alone.

Since you had checked into the hotel, the dining hall had gotten fuller each morning. By now, almost half the seats were taken and you suspected that it would get even fuller by the time summer had reached its peak. All the seats with a seaside view were taken, so you settled for a cozy table in the corner where you wouldn't stand in anyone's way.

Breakfast consisted of miso soup, rice, some fish and other side dishes as well as some very fluffy pancakes that you ordered when you realized you were still hungry. 

You went back to your room, wanting to get one of your books and a sun hat to protect your head.

Just as you opened the door and heard the familiar click of the lock, you heard someone having a heated argument. You entered the room quietly in order not to disturb and closed the door behind you without making too much noise. 

The muffled voice was coming from the bathroom, and it was unmistakably Jungkook's.

When did he get back?

You reached for the book on the nightstand on your side of the bed and started looking for your hat that was supposed to be somewhere inside your luggage. 

"No, I literally have all my hands full. When was I supposed to do that?"

You paused.

"I'll call and ask him."

Curiosity got the best of you. You walked over to the wardrobe that only had Jungkook's clothes in it since you haven't had time to unpack. With several shirts in your hand, you started putting them in the closet because what other place and time was better suited? It was definitely not because you were nosy. And it was definitely not because the wardrobe was closer to the bathroom door and you could hear much better.

"Listen, I can't just call the man and demand shit like that out of nowhere." There was a pause, someone on the other end of the line said something. You wished to know who it was. "Fine, I'll try. But if you don't have those documents ready by tonight, I'll just blame you."

Not a second later, he opened the bathroom door, basically catching you red-handed.

He ignored you and instead walked over to the nightstand where his laptop was still charging. You continued putting your clothes into the wardrobe.