Chapter: 11

N A T A L I A

His touch felt like the essence of my existence, the sole focal point in the world. Like it was the only thing that mattered.

It was as if I had known him for eternity, the familiarity so comforting and natural. The gentle brush of his fingers against my jaw ignited an irresistible urge to lean closer to him, and I yielded.

The musky scent of his presence enveloped me, drawing me in until I felt as though I could touch his chest with my head. I needed the comfort.

Driven by the pull of our bond, I almost fell into his embrace.

"It's the hybrid. She's deteriorating," a voice pierced through my reverie, bringing me back to reality, reminding me that I still hadn't seen Ivy.

Confusion and betrayal welled up within me as I glanced up at Callum at the intruders words, realising he had been referring to Ivy, feeling a sense of deception. He had assured me she was safe.

Attempting to pull away, I found myself ensnared by his firm grip around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

Resisting the impulse to break free or employ my witchcraft, his words halted my protest.

With his lips near my ear, disregarding the electric surge coursing through me, he murmured, "I'll take you to see her."

"You told me she was fine," I accused, feeling the surge of anger coursing through me.

Despite my wolf's protest, I couldn't suppress my fury. Ivy's wellbeing was paramount to me. And mate or not, Callum had lied to me.

He pulled away to meet my gaze. "Don't fight me over this. I told you, I will you take you to her."

"You arrogant bastard," Noah interjected, stepping closer with evident fury. "Let go of her!"

I anticipated Callum complying, especially given Noah's demeanour, but instead, my mate tightened his grip on me.

"You're in my territory, vampire. Show respect," he spat through clenched teeth followed by a menacing growl.

His nails, subconsciously, dug in to my waist, the sharpness digging in to my skin. I could sense his wolf at bay.

"Noah, don't," I intervened, shaking my head at my friend. "I'll go see Ivy, you stay here."

"Not a chance," Noah retorted, his crimson eyes shooting daggers at my mate. "I'm not leaving you alone with him."

I would have reassured him that Callum wouldn't harm me, being my mate but before I could, Callum let out a snarl.

"She is safer with me than with anyone else," he declared, surprising me with his protective stance. "I won't allow you near her again."

Noah shot a glance at Callum, uncertainty flickering across his face before he turned his gaze to me. "You're joking. He's your mate?"

It seemed as though he suspected that I had kept this from him. Noah was astute, but even I was taken aback by his conclusion. I found myself nodding, unable to articulate another word.