Chapter: 37

N A T A L I A

Callum looked exhausted, his disheveled appearance and casual attire contrasted his usual demeanour. It was evident he hadn't slept.

A mixture of fury and relief crossed his features as his gaze met mine.

In less than a minute, he had picked me up from the floor and enveloped me in a tight embrace. His head leaned down to nestle in my neck, his lips grazing over my claim.

I thought he would be angry with me, but his demeanour took me by surprise.

"You're awake," he said with relief, before peppering soft kisses on my neck. "Why didn't you call me?"

His embrace and the kisses on my skin made it difficult for me to break away to meet his gaze, but eventually, I managed, the close proximity making me feel uncomfortable with Rhea present.

I glanced up at him, noting the black swirls in his eyes, letting me know his wolf was at bay.

"You had me shut out," I informed. "But I'm okay."

The corner of his lips lifted slightly, his eyes dark. He brought a finger to brush against the wetness on my cheek.

"You should be resting," he told me, his tone laced with worry. "Let's go home."

"My sister," I rushed to say, nodded towards Rhea in the cell. "What have you done to her?"

Callum narrowed his intense gaze at her. "She hurt the pack, and you."

'As far as I know, so have you,' I retorted, responding to him through the mind link. 'She's both the leader of Caia and my sister. I don't know how long you've kept her here, but unless you want more attacks on our pack, you'll let her go.'

My mate casted one final glance at me, his features softening as he directed his attention to my sister.

"Leave and do not pose any further threats to the pack," he informed her, his voice filled with authority.

Rhea ignored him completely, her gaze on me. Her eyes burned with dark intensity. She wasn't fazed by Callum's offer.

"Return with me," she proposed, a glimpse of hope in her eyes. "I need your help to rebuild the clan."

My mate's grip on my waist tightened, inadvertently pressing on my injury, causing me to silently wince. Oblivious to the pain inflicted, Callum was too engrossed in the words my sister had spoken.

"If you're incapable of handling your duties as a leader, just say so," Callum shot, fury in his voice. "Don't involve my Luna."

I nudged his side at the words, not happy about him provoking her. Rhea snarled at him.

"I'm mated to the Alpha, making me the Luna of this pack," I explained to Rhea, hoping my explanation would make her understand. "I can't just leave, but I will help you where I can."

Rhea was clearly hoping for the opposite, my words making her groan loudly in frustration. I was conflicted. Callum had taken our mother and injured the clan, including my sister, yet I couldn't bring myself to separate from him. My wolf wouldn't allow it even if I wanted to.