Chapter 1

It's been months that the Reyes boys have been searching for the perfect candidate. They've always longed for a little sister, a daughter in Julian's case, someone to coddle and cuddle, someone to protect (and someone to tease in Odin's case). She has to be able to survive in a house full of boys and fit in perfectly. She should be cute, adorable even, but not too much that she attracts creepy guys, adorable in almost a puppy way. But most importantly, she has to be someone that won't be missed once they kidn- *cough* adopt her.

"Ugh do we have to go, papa?" Eli whines. Julian looks at his sons seriously, "yes, for the final time, all of us have to go."

Once upon a time there was a war between the human realm and the vampire realm, that's a story for another time, but long story short they sorted it out and now once a year the royal vampire family and the human royal family meet up and sign a contract together to keep peace. Eli huffs in annoyance and Julian proceeds to give him a warning glance causing him to stop. This makes Odin and Leo laugh, they love it when their siblings get in trouble. "Stop whining Eli, we might finally find a sister this time" Leo says. "Come on let's go" Julian states as the family proceed to make their way to the car.

The family arrive at the human royal family's not so humble abode. The contract signing went as it always did, boring niceties to be polite over a cup of tea, and then finally the contract signing. "Thank you, it has been lovely your majesty however we must get going now." Julian says politely to the queen. The queen replies "of course, see you next year!" The Reyes family then leave the castle and enter the car.

"Pa, i'm hungry" exclaims Leo. "Of course you are, you always are you pig" says Odin. Eli simply rolls his eyes, he thinks he's too intelligent to join in with such a stupid fight. "You're all pigs" Jasper retorts. That's the first thing he's said all day. Julian shouts "Boys! Enough. We will go to that little cafe over there". Julian then proceeds to drive in the direction of the cafe.

"That was delicious" exclaims Leo as the family walk outside. "You think anything edible is delicious fatso" Odin says whilst hitting him on the head. Leo rubs his head and glares at Odin angrily. The siblings continue to bicker insulting eachother back and forth as they always do, Julian looking at them disaprovingly yet moreso lovingly. Whilst Julian was distracted watching his sons argue he felt something, more like someone sticking their hand in his pocket and retracting quickly. Julian acted fast, he spun around and grabbed the wrist of the hand, he was fuming, he angrily looked up from the small hand to see the face of the thief. His face slightly softened seeing the most adorable young girl ever with a guilty look on her face, however he remembered that this girl tried to steal from him and he put his glare back on.

Elowynn's POV
I sigh as I recall the memories of yesterday, those stupid girls stealing my weekly allowance and now i have no money for school lunches or any money to put into my savings for when i can finally leave the awful orphanage. I continue making my way home from school, starving, wishing i had my allowance to maybe get a snack from my favourite cafe. I sigh once more and look up at the cafe before me. I willow in self pity as my stomach grumbles for the 20th time, but then something catches my eyes i see a really wealthy family exit my favourite cafe. That's strange this is a run down town, it's not a place for people like them i suddenly feel a surge of envy, they'll never have to experience struggles like me. I then get an idea, i see a watch dangling out the eldest man's pocket... I'm sure he wont notice if 0.000001% of his wealth is missing.

God please forgive me for this but im starving.

I then slowly advance behind the man and the watch is within my reach. I proceed to grab it and retract my hand i then turn and think i am successful in my mission until i feel an icy hand grab my wrist, I'm then spun around and met with a harsh glare, i feel my heart sink and my face holds a guilty look.

I think fast "Um sir, you dropped this"  i state. After I say this i see the 4 other boys turn to face me they all give me weird looks especially the youngest looking one. The eldest man raised his brow at my claim probably knowing i was lying. It's the type of look i see fathers giving to their kid that misbehaved...of course ive never experienced it first hand up until now.

Julian's POV
Poor thing she looks petrified- no I shouldn't feel bad she stole from me. I see my sons staring at her, i know what they're thinking and deep diwn i'm thinking it too. I raise my eyebrow at her claim waiting for her to confess and say the truth. Still holding her wrist i say "You aren't a good liar, kid" at this she begins to look even more scared. "Let's say you were successful in your little scheme what would you have done with my watch?" I question.

She coughs out "Given it back to you...? I was just trying to see if you were alert thats all".

I almost laugh at her response she reminds me of odin and leo in this moment but i swallow down my laugh and keep a stern face. "Lying isn't going to get you anywhere" I then examine her, shes wearing old jogging bottoms and a hoodie yet they still dont cover how thin she is... then it clicks she is probably hungry.

"come with me" i say leaving no room for arguing, she can't refuse anyways as im still holding onto her wrist. Her face then drops even more "Are you going to kill me and pay the police off with money, i know what you rich twats are like!!!" she exclaims frightened.

At this i can't contain my laughter and my sons seem to not be able to either. "It's not funny, you're all terrible people thinking the death of an innocent, less well off girl is funny" she shouts angrily.

I then raise my brow again "But the girl isn't so innocent is she, she tried to steal from me and thats a crime she should pay for" I say knowing full well that i have no plans of killing her but playing along so she learns a lesson.

The guilty look returns to her face "look I'm sorry i know it was wrong of me but I was starving and i have no money on me and i saw an opportunity and took it, plus by the looks of it you could always buy a new one you're loaded but i truly am sorry !! and i didnt get to steal it anyways you caught me so please dont kill me!!" she rambles and pleads "I don't know, how will it benefit me to keep you around?" I say playing along.

She thinks hard and replies "It'll make you a good person?" I keep silent and turn and pull her by her wrist "NO PLEASE" she begs desperately. I look at her and my laugh accidentally slips out "I'm not going to kill you, kid" i laugh out.

She then looks confused but comes to a realisation "You're going to pay someone else to kill me???" she questions.

"No" I exclaim. This kid is funny.

"then where are you taking me??" She asks.

"You have a lot of questions for a thief" i state and after that she keeps quiet.

I take her into the cafe my sons following behind, we sit at the table we were sat at and pull an extra chair for the girl. She looks utterly confused. "I told you i have no money i cant pay for your meal im sorry i really am!" she exclaims she thinks we are going to make her pay for our meal as an apology, silly girl.

The waiter comes over and i turn to the girl "what do you want to eat?" she stares at me confused "I told you I have. no. money. why do you think i tried to take ur watch, old man" I hold in my laugh from the *old man* and respond "That's why i'm going to buy you something to eat, maybe then you won't have to steal from other people, most wont be as nice as i am, you could've actually been killed" She goes to refuse but i state "No, you wont refuse you stole from me and this is all i ask for in return. besides like you said im *loaded* get whatever you want"

she looks at me and seems to think to herself she then she states "Anything? what if i ordered the whole menu?" she smirks cheekily i retort "Nothing you order could make a dent in my bank account, sweetheart. besides someone as small as yourself wouldn't be able to eat that much."