Chapter 16

Julian parks the car, we have arrived at the shopping centre. I have a mischievous look on my face and Julian raises his brow.

"Aren't you scared i'm going to run away?" I ask testing the waters.

"No, i'll just find you and bring you back. Try something and you'll see what happens." Julian says calmly.

Sounds like a challenge.

We enter the shopping centre, it's the biggest building I've ever seen. There's so many people and they're all so tall of course, they are vampires after all.

Im walking next to Jasper the rest of the boys either next to or behind us. I realise Julian is behind us, brilliant, I can try attempt number 1.

Hey, just because i agreed to stay doesn't mean i'm going to make this easy for them. Maybe if i annoy them enough they'll put me back in the orphanage, oh well, I survived 17 years there anyways.

I begin to run ahead however i only manage to make it 2 steps before I'm pulled back from the hood of my hoodie by Jasper. He gives me the famous disapproving look that i've come to know oh so well. I just mock him and do it back and he flicks my forehead. Ouch!! I guess i had it coming though.

We enter a clothing shop, it has casual clothing displayed everywhere. Julian gets a basket and says "Get whatever you like and put it in the basket, don't be shy."

Listen i'm definitely going to take advantage of this, it's the least i deserve after being kidnapped. I walk around the shop and I see a lot of clothing I like, I end up picking out 2 hoodies, 3 T-shirts and 3 pairs of jeans. I feel a bit greedy, back in the orphanage I only had 2 outfits that i rotated between but he did say pick whatever I want.

These items come up to at least £150, that's way too much. Even though I want to take advantage of this situation I still have basic manners. I take out one of the hoodies and pair of jeans from the basket and put them back.

"What are you doing?" Julian asks.

I say "I know you said get whatever I want and that you're loaded but this is way too much it's atleast £150, that wouldve taken me like 9 months to save back in the orphanage."

Julian looks at me with a reassuring smile. "Baby bat, you could buy every single item in this entire shopping centre and it wouldn't even make a dent in my bank balance."

I look at him shocked, this shopping centre is giant. "Then why did you care so much about the watch, rich man." I ask.

"It wasn't about the money, it was about the fact someone was stealing from me. Now pick more clothes or I seriously will just buy the entire shopping centre." he says.

I'm so tired, I love shopping but i've never shopped this much. I ended up picking out 5 more hoodies, jeans and T-shirts. However, Julian still insisted it wasn't enough and he started throwing everything i even glanced at in the basket. I'll never even get to wear all these clothes.

Finally he paid and we left the shop, I expected us to go home but we went into another shop???? This time the clothes look super expensive and formal.

"You need some formal clothing, baby bat. For royal events and such." Once again he puts everything in the basket that I even glance at, I decide to just walk with my head down before he adds more. That is until something catches my eye, a beautiful green and gold dress. I walk over to it and to examine it more but then i see the price tag.

£100,000 FOR A DRESS? Hell no, this would definitely make him go bankrupt. I decide to leave it.

Julian POV
Elowynn is so cute. She doesn't want to pick out many things because she thinks it's too expensive. She can't seem to comprehend my wealth. Her new wealth. Our wealth. Even if she bought everything in this entire shopping centre I don't think i'd even notice. She's stubborn though so I decide to just throw everything in the basket that she glances at.