Jingle Bell Rock

~3rd Person POV~

The night of the winter recital, Karen, Cady, and Gretchen were sitting backstage getting ready.

"I mean, why would Reign and (Y/n) send you guys candy canes and not me?" Gretchen questioned, putting makeup on her chest.

Karen put mascara on. "Maybe they forgot about you." Cady stood beside them, finished with her outfit. "Yeah, Reign's been acting kind of weird lately. I mean, is something bothering him?" 

Gretchen hummed. "Well, his parents are totally not sleeping in the same bed if that's what you mean." She realized what she said and looked at Cady. "Oh my god. Don't tell him I told you that."

As Damian was on stage singing, Cady and Gretchen were in the wings watching. "I mean no offense, but why would they send you a candy cane? They don't even like you that much." She sighed. "Maybe he feels weird around me because I know about his nose job." Her eyes widened. "Oh my god. Pretend you didn't hear that." 

Reign and (Y/n) were out of range from the rest, enjoying their one-on-one time together...as if they weren't attached to the hip 24/7. (Y/n) adjusted the top of her outfit, fiddling with the straps. Her chest was easily visible and Reign definitely enjoyed the view. His outfit was more of a looser tank top that showed off his muscles and shorts. He stood behind her, staring at her chest with no shame. 

(Y/n)'s (e/c) eyes looked up at him through her reflection. "You're staring." She stated. He looked up at her. "And?" He asked in amusement. The girl just playfully rolled her eyes and stood up, turning around to look at him. "You should take a picture, it'll last longer." The blond pretended to consider it. "I think I have enough already." The girl just gasped and lightly smacked him. "You're sick." She laughed, giving him a quick kiss on the lips. As she pulled away, Reign's hand went to the back of her head to bring her back, heatedly capturing her lips. 

(Y/n) lightly pushed him away. "After the show." She whispered. The blond just grumbled. "Fine." He handed the (h/c) her lip gloss to apply and headed towards the stage.

The group, now including Reign and (Y/n) got into position behind the curtain, posing for their performance. Karen was on the left, then Gretchen, Reign, (Y/n), and Cady. "Uh, Gretchen, switch sides with Cady," Reign told the brunette. Gretchen furrowed her brows in confusion. "But I'm always on your left." 

The blonde looked at her. "That was when there were four of us, and now the tallest go in the middle." 

Gretchen still tried to reason with him. "But then the whole dance will be backward. I'm always on your left." He glared at her. "And right now, you're getting on my last nerve, switch." The two go to their new places and go back to posing as they're being introduced.

The curtain lifts and Gretchen runs towards the CD player and presses play, Jingle Bell Rock starting. The group struts across the stage dancing quite provocatively, Reign's mother recording and dancing along with them. 

They slightly squat down and turned to their right, but Gretchen turned left, bumping into (Y/n). The (h/c) quickly turned the brunette around but hit the CD player, causing it to malfunction. Everyone paused their dancing as Gretchen ran towards the machine, accidentally kicking it into Jason's face. 

Unsure of what to do, Cady slowly rose up, singing. "What a bright time, it's the right time, to rock the night away.." She slowly continued the choreography, the rest of the group following along.

The rest of the group and the audience started singing along as they finished up their dance, smiling and bowing in relief. They all ran backstage, hugging and laughing together. "That was the best it ever went!" Karen squealed to Cady.

Reign and (Y/n) stood together, the blond kissing her face, despite her protests of wearing lip gloss. Aaron approached the group with a smile. "Hey, good job, Africa." Kevin gave a quick complement to the redhead as he passed by. "Thanks!"

Gretchen laughed. "Cady's blushing. You totally have a crush on that guy. That's why you wanted to join the mathletes." Aaron raised a brow. "Mathletes? You hate math." 

Reign and (Y/n) observed her as the (h/c) reapplied the lip gloss Reign kept in his pocket. 

Gretchen smiled. "Look how red she is. You love him and he totally complimented you. That is so fetch." Reign and (Y/n) looked at her with hardened looks, the (h/c) pausing what she was doing. "Gretchen, stop trying to make Fetch happen, it's not going to happen." Reign hissed at her.

Gretchen Weiners had cracked.