055

If she got the theory right, Kitty wasn't borrowing Alpin's power of illusion, rather she has a little amount in herself.

Although it won't be enough to fool the entire city, Kitty was sure it was enough to strike a connection between herself and Alpin.

Kitty prayed she wasn't wrong. She was risking both her kit's and her life.

"That's mad" Qingqing looked up from the ground, her pin caked in dirt from the map she was making of the place.

"I know" Kitty sighed "But, do you have a better idea?"

"No. But, I still believe we could come up with something instead of risking your life" Qingqing sniffed in annoyance.

People tend to understand that they won't be able to woo someone after the third time.

Qingqing sadly, didn't believe that and was adamant on changing Kitty's ways.

Kitty huffed and closed her eyes, focusing on the life within her. It wasn't yet developed but still, he had a huge force inside him.

In theory, Kitty came up with how, the bond between Alpin and her is formed through a mating mark. But, she also has a bond with her snakes, a bond that was formed between a mother and her children.

Eros too shared that bond with his sons. A rarity in this world, but a fact nonetheless.

If children tend to share bonds with their parents, then they'd be kind of a middle-man between their parents if they didn't have a bond.

So technically, her kit too shared a bond with both Alpin and her.

And that was her theory.

She would be using the power of illusion from her kit and her kit would regain his power from Alpin. She'd keep the power bestowed on her as a reserve.

If her plan failed, she would be risking both her and her kit's life.

"Let's hope you don't have to get out of here alone" Kitty remarked

"Don't say stuff like that"

Kitty ignored Qingqing's remark and closed her eyes, focusing on her breath. She observed the pattern each time she exhaled and inhaled, how her chest rose only slightly but shrunk so much. The blood in her veins that flowed like a river, a force so strong, It made her wonder how her blood could paint the ocean red. Her heart thumped as if it were a drum and she was the drummer.

In this hell of a place, Kitty found music within herself, the kind that stopped time and opened universes. Her senses felt so sharp that Kitty was sure she would hear the air colliding with the Oasis that was just above the cave. Her nose caught the smell of the crisp desert and her eyes saw the sand.

As if on command, Kitty collected all her focus and let it spread within her, like light from the end of a cave, Kitty felt, not one, but two presence within her.

Tears spilled from her eyes and her focus broke. She saw Qingqing shaking her furiously and whispering words of sweet nectar.

"I'm having twins"

The words felt sweeter in her head than on her tongue. For, both she and Qingqing knew what it meant for them. They wouldn't be saving three lives as they had anticipated. But four.

Determination replaced rage and suddenly Kitty felt the need of violence. It was faint, like a ant bite. You know you shouldn't scratch it yet, you do

"I want you to tell me if it works" Kitty pursed her lips in a thin line.

"Works what?" Qingqing asked confused

She didn't have to wonder for long, because Kitty got on her feet and stood at the edge of the plane, Chris was laid on.

Chris was beautiful. She must have been forgiving too, if she had the mating mark of a brute, such as Saint Zachary on her heart.

But, perhaps, he was kind too. Maybe, her hatred for him made him hate himself.

Maddening that is love, is sure to kill. A madden would accept love that is killed

And Kitty, was sure as hell going to kill Saint Zachary and Mitchell with her own hands.  With love and madness.

Kitty focused on how Chris' sandy hair fell on the top of her shoulders as gentle waves. Tiny freckles on her face that seemed like a fairy had spread pixie dust. The redness around her cheeks and the browness of her lips.

Kitty heard a gasp before her. Turning she saw Qingqing's jaw, dropped on the floor and her eyes as wide as saucepans.

"What the fuck?"

That was the first time, Kitty heard Qingqing swear. And, definitely not the last.