Chapter-8

As Aeng walked to school, a few delicate Sakura blossoms cradled gently in her hand, a soft smile graced her lips. Her heart felt lighter than before, by the happiness she had found in Jackson's company. Lost in her thoughts, she didn't notice the approaching figure until it was too late.

Suddenly, Taehyung came running towards her, his breaths coming in ragged gasps as he skidded to a stop beside her. Startled, Aeng halted in her tracks, her eyes widening in surprise as she took in his disheveled appearance

Taehyung spoke between breaths, his words rushed yet sincere.

"Hey, Aeng... I saw you walking to school, and... our paths are the same. Mind if we walk together?"

With a nod, she smiled gently..as they walked side by side.

_

As Aeng and Taehyung stepped into the school, they were met with a bustling crowd gathered around something in the distance. Sensing something amiss, Taehyung's brows furrowed in concern, and he turned to Aeng.

Taehyung: "Hey, let's go check it out."

Aeng nodded, her heart pounding with a mixture of curiosity and apprehension as they made their way through the throng of students. As they drew closer, Aeng's breath caught in her throat, and her world seemed to tilt on its axis.

There, plastered on a poster for all to see, was a compromising image of her lying down, sweat glistening on her forehead, and a hickey prominently displayed on her neck. Shock and disbelief washed over her as she struggled to comprehend what she was seeing.

Beside her, Taehyung's jaw clenched with anger as he took in the scene before him.

Students nearby began to whisper and gossip, their eyes darting between Aeng and the poster with morbid fascination. Aeng felt exposed, vulnerable to the judgmental stares of those around her.
Just as the weight of humiliation threatened to crush her spirit, a notification pinged on everyone's phone, drawing their attention away from Aeng and towards the screens in their hands.

As Aeng opened the message, her heart sank as she beheld the distorted images of her and Jackson. The scenes portrayed were twisted, taken out of context to paint a false narrative of betrayal. Panic surged within her, but she felt helpless, knowing she had no proof to refute the accusations.

Beside her, Taehyung stood in stunned silence, his expression a mixture of shock and hurt. Aeng could see the pain etched in his features.

Suddenly, breaking the heavy silence, Taehyung's voice pierced through the air, filled with a raw intensity that demanded attention. Without a second thought, he stormed forward, his hands reaching out to tear the poster apart, his words laced with righteous anger.

"FUCK OFF!"

he yelled at the students, his voice echoing through the halls.

"This isn't some kind of drama or movie! Show some damn respect!"

His actions stunned the crowd into silence, the weight of his words hanging heavy in the air.

As Aeng tentatively approached Taehyung, her heart heavy with remorse, she watched as he took a step back, his movements guarded and cautious. His eyes, filled with hurt and disappointment, bore into hers.

"Don't come closer,"

he murmured, his voice barely above a whisper, yet the words echoed loudly in Aeng's ears. With a shake of his head, he turned away, his steps quickening as he disappeared into the crowd, leaving Aeng standing alone amidst the sea of faces.

Tears welled up in Aeng's eyes as she watched him go, a deep ache settling in her chest. She had hurt Taehyung deeply, and now, in her moment of need, he had turned away from her.