Chapter 20

Alisha's P.O.V

Guess what today is? Another day spent with my ex-bestfriend! Yay! Not.
I had went to school and now I'm driving back to my house with the radio blasting music.

"Mmmm whatcha say?
Mmmm that you only meant well
Well of course you did
Mmmm whatcha say?
Mmmm that you its all for the best!"

Yes. I'm listening to Jason Derulo. I love this song.

I'm driving back to my house at the moment. I don't understand why we have to do this stupid project. And with him?! I swear that teacher is out to get me.

I pull up into my driveway and get out of the car. I go to the backyard and look at the gate I thought I'd never use again. I sigh and open it up.

I walk into his backyard and take everything in. It looks the same as always. Tulips on the left, roses on the right. I walk to the door and knock three times. Zack comes into view and he open up the door.

"Come on in," he says and moves to the side to give me some room. I walk in and head towards the living room. His house hasn't changed at all. I set my bag down and sit on the couch making myslef comfortable.

"Shall we get started?" I ask.

"Sure. So today is what? Wednesday? I usually having boxing today, Thursdays and Mondays. The rest of the week I'm free and I don't do anything." Zack says.

I nod.

"So when do you leave for boxing?" I ask.

He checks the clock and looks back at me.

"In 30 minutes," he says.

"Great. Let's watch TV while we wait," I say. He shrugs and we go along and watch TV.

30 minutes later, Zack is holding his car keys and a bag in his hands while we head to his car. We get in and he drives for 10 minutes to his practice.

"I don't want to ask you for any favors but could you teach me some fighting tricks?" He asks.

"I thought boxing was only punching," I say.

"It is but from what I saw yesterday, you have a pretty strong punch. Please?" He pleads.

"Um...ok," I say unsure.

Zack stops the car in front of an old building.

"Here it is! Let's go," he says.

We go inside and into a ring. There were 3 rings and apparently, Zack reserved a ring for us before we left.

At first I let him at me but I blocked all his punches. I taught him how to punch powerfully, how to avoid punches and how to act fast. Obviously I taught him the lowest tricks I knew because I didn't want him abusing me with my own tricks.

1 hour later we were both panting.

"Wow, you're a hard core coach," Zack says.

I shrug. My phone starts to ring and I look at the caller ID. It was Josh.

"Hello?" I say.

"Alisha? Oh my god where are you?" Josh questions.

"With Zack," I say.

"ALONE?!" Josh screams.

"Yes. We are working on the project," I say calmly.

"Is he being abusive?" Josh asks.

I roll my eyes.

"No,"

"Are you sure? "

"Yes, now I gotta go. See you in like 30 minutes." I say and with that I end the call.

"What was that all about?" Zack asks while sipping his water.

"Just Josh acting like an protective boyfriend ," I say with a shrug.

"You know he likes you right?" Zack says.

"As if!" I say.

"It's true!" Zack defends.

"Mmhmm sure. I'm hungry let's go eat," I say hoping to change the subject.

He let's the subject slide and we head off to eat. We ended up stopping by Harveys and picked up 2 burgers. They were delicious!

Now we're headed back to our houses. We pulled up into Zack's drive way and got out of the car. We walked to the backyard and he opened the gate for me.

"See you tomorrow I guess?" I ask.

"My schedule is the same tomorrow so unless you want to do the exact same thing, there's no point." Zack says. I nod.

"OK, Friday then?" I ask. He nods.

"Bye Zack," I say quietly and head into my backyard.

I don't think I heard him correctly, but I think I heard him say...

"Good night Lila."

He closes the door and I go into my house and climb the stairs to my room.

Josh was laying on my bed, looking at his phone.

"I'm home!" I say.

"Oh thank god! I thought he rapped you!" Josh exclaims. I roll my eyes and drop on the bed. He's just being dramatic.

"Alisha is tired. She wants to go to bed," I mumble into my pillow.

"OK princess. Night," Josh says.

The lights turn off and the bed dips like usual. I fall into a deep slumber instantly.

-------------

Authors Note

Short chapter I know. The book is gonna be finishing soon. Hopefully at chapter 35. I don't know though. I hope you guys are liking it so far though. Anyways, do you ship Jolisha or Aliak? Tell me what you think in the comments! And don't forget to vote! Thanks! Love you!!