Chapter 26

Alisha's P.O.V

"When I fell asleep there were two people who were in front of me. One being Uncle Bob and the other...Stacey," I start with a sigh.

"Both of them were there and, Uncle Bob replayed all my worst moments in life. When Stacey died, when my parents left for the first time. When Nina and Ally left. When Zack left. When the Rippers left. Everything. All the memories I wanted to lock away forever were suddenly replayed in front of me! Do you know how traumatizing that is? I could barely deal with them individually. Dealing with them all at once was terrifying," I say.

"Is that why you started to have a panic attack?" Josh asks.

"Yeah. Then Stacey showed me all my good moments in life. When Mike came to my first concert, when Nina and I made up, when I met you Josh, when we admitted we liked each other, and when me and Zack made up! At that point I was still having a panic attack. Stacey opened up one portal and Bob opened up another. Stacey's portal led to the real world and Bob's portal led to the afterlife. At first I was gonna go with Bob. The look on Stacey's face was terrifying. But then I heard a voice. At first I thought it was Stacey, but it turned out to be you Josh. You convinced me to stay. So I went with Stacey. She wanted me to tell you, Mike, that she loves and misses you. And she wanted me to tell you two," I say pointing at Josh and Zack, "to be good to me or else she will haunt you," I finish.

They all looked shocked.

"That really happened?" Mike asks. I nod.

"You actually saw Stacey?" Mike asks. I nod.

"Stacey actually said that?" Mike asks again. I nod.

"Wow," is all Mike says after that.

"Did you see anyone else?" Zack asks.

"Yes Zack, I saw your parents," I start.

"Are they mad at me?" He asks and puts his head into his hand.

"No. They wanted me to tell you that they are proud you fixed things and admitted your mistakes. They wished they could be here," I finish.

Zack started to get teary eyed. Tears started to spill but he ignored it. He just smiled.

"Well I'm glad you're okay," Josh says.

"Me two," Mike says.

"Me three," Zack says. We laugh and the room falls into a comfortable silence.

Soon after, a doctor comes in to check on me.

"We will keep you here for the night and hopefully you can go home tomorrow afternoon," the doctor says.

"Alright, thank you," I respond with a smile. She walks to the door and looks up from her clipboard.

"Visiting hours are almost up. You three will have to leave soon," the doctor says. The guys mumble a few "fine", "whatever" and "really?" But they nod.

"I will see you guys tomorrow okay?" I say. They nod and leave.

------------------

The next morning I woke up to see a nurse looking at me.

"Good morning honey. How are you feeling?" She asks.

"Other then a headache and starvation, fine," I say.

"Well I can cure one of those things right now," she says with a small chuckle and hands me some soup.

"When you're done, the doctor will come in to check up on you and you will be able to leave if he says so. Alright?" The nurse says. I nod.

She leaves the room and I'm left bored. I eat my soup in silence and just think.

My life has changed a lot. I got a boyfriend, Zack and I made up, Nina and I made up. But some things still remain the same.

Come to think of it, I didn't even know Uncle Bob was dead. I thought he was in jail...I guess he died. But my parents would have known about it...then why didn't they tell me?

"Because they love you," a voice says. I turn my head around to see Stacey.

"S-S-Stacey?" I whisper.

"Hey little sis," she says and sits on the bed.

"But how?" I ask.

"I only have a little time left here. They let me come and talk to you," she responds.

"They?" I ask.

"The leaders of the afterlife. Anyways, how are you holding up?" She asks.

"Okay I guess," I say.

"Thats good," she says.

A few moments later I sigh.

"Why did you leave me?" I ask.

"Alisha, I never wanted too. But it happened. It was my time. But I always looked after you. Whenever you felt down and you called my name, I sat there listening to you rant. I wanted to help you but I couldn't. I'm so sorry," Stacey says with a small sob.

"Why does mom and dad hate me?" I ask.

"They don't hate you. They are still confused about everything. Give them a bit more time," Stacey says. I nod.

"But I've given them almost 12 years," I say.

"I know. They'll come around. I promise," Stacey says. I nod again.

"Hey, you're graduating in a year huh?" Stacey asks. I shrug.

"I suppose," I say.

"Well congrats," she says.

"Well I'm not graduating this year, Mike is," I say.

"Oh right," Stacey says.

"Say congratulations to him for me," she says and starts to fade.

"I will. But uh what's happening to you?" I ask while holding back a sob.

"They are pulling me back," she says and gets up.

"No Stacey don't go!" I cry.

"I'm sorry! I love you Alisha. I will always be there for you," she says and hugs me.

"I love you too," I say and hug her back.

"Goodbye," she says. And faded away.

"Goodbye," I say with are a sigh.

I sat there. Quietly. Processing what happened. I got to say goodbye to my sister. For real. I finally got closure. Something I've wanted for a long time. And damn, it felt good.

------------------

Authors Note

Hey guys! Hope you liked the chapter! Remember to vote and comment and thank you so much for all your sweet comments! By the way, thanks for 3.6K views! I never thought that would happen! I'm glad people enjoy my book! Love all of you!