Twenty-Two

I stood over the balcony, looking out to the sunset.

I pretty much should just stay here, you know? I feel like there's nothing left for me to do. I mean, the boys can run the band without me, Mikey ca-

Mikey...

They can go on without me!

Even though i've only been in a coma for days and been here with Freddie and everybody else, I feel like I should move on with them, a whole new family. You guys know what I mean?

I felt a hand on my shoulder, and I quickly turned around. It was a angel.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Jane. I'm you're guardian."

I smiled at her. "Really?"

"Yes, and I have came to tell you some very terrible news."

I looked at her with wide eyes. "What?"

"Your dying miss... I mean, uh, today. You have to make a choice, today..."

"What? You can't be serious! Why can't Freddie Mercury and John Lennon come back to life with me?!" I yelled.

"Um... Because it doesn't work that way..."

"How long do I have?"

"I'd have to say...12 minutes..."

"THIS IS STUPID! WHY DO PEOPLE CHOOSE TO DIE?!? IT'S LIKE CHOOSING JUSTIN BIEBER BETWEEN GREEN DAY, WE ALL KNOW WHOSE GONNA WIN!" I shouted. Jane shook her head and smiled.

"I'll tell you a little secret, all those people in the house? They only did it because of they're lives, they had to. They couldn't take it. You think that they loved the lives they lived? Wrong. Hated them. Some of them were... I'd tell you the rest but you'll never understand..." She shrugged.

"NO! Tell me!" I pouted like a little kid.

"They were harassed, the people, it's just that they kind of had to die, to be with they're friends, no paparazzi, they just wanted they're normal lives back. And with this place, that's what they got."

"That's why?" I said. She nodded. 

"So uh, are you dying or not?"

~~~~~

I took one last look at her.

Frank put his hand on her cheek. "Goodnight Sky..." I heard him whisper, he put the white sheet over her face. 

It's hard for him.

I wanted to cry so hard, but I held it in.

The doctor unhooked the pulse and Frank fell to the floor sobbing. Jamia tried picking him up, and he smacked her hand away. 

"Don't touch me!" He said. I squeezed Skylar's hand that stuck out of the sheet. 

I felt a squeeze back and I smiled.

"Sky!" I squealed and everybody looked at me.

One of her hands ripped back the white blanket off of her face.

"I'm back..." She smiled. I heard Frank stop sobbing and he ran up to her bed and gave her a bone crushing hug. The kids trampled on top of her too, along with everybody else.

Except me.

"Uh... Can I hug her too?" Everybody let go of her, I smiled and wrapped my arms around her. 

"I missed you so much Diana..." She cried. I let go of her embrace.

"Uh, I need Miss Iero for surgery." The doctor told us.

Skylar stayed perfectly still and gave him a smile. Then he grabbed the front of her bed and easily pushed it in the hallway.

Bandit started following them as they went out of the room. Lyn-Z grabbed her. "She'll be back sweetie."

"Then I can play with her?" 

"Yes you can."