to

I caught him, not even the fucking next day,
with his deceptive tongue savouring another girl's
throat.

their tongues battled one another, furiously and fast paced. spit flew and teeth collided.

what a cunt.

after a while, the girl asked, "kieran, why are you messing around with
that other kid?"

skye.

"she's cheap."

"that's vile." but she was laughing.

then she captured me, staring wide-eyed at the scene. "isn't that her best friend?
another one of those kids."

he spun around, and snarled. "god, you really are an insanely nosey prick, aren't you?"

"skye isn't cheap."

there was a brief pause,
accompanied by my furious
grinding of teeth and envisioning
dicing at his throat as though
he was nothing more than
a piece of meat.

kieran said, "aren't you a little hero. don't lie to yourself, skye could be bought for a cheese string."

I scowled, my heart beating faster.

"then why the fuck are you kissing another girl? is she cheap too?"

his companion looked shocked.

"should I offer you a cheese string to buy her off you?"

kieran threw his head back and laughed. "oh, please. your stupid friend isn't good enough for me. she's way too young and messed up in the head. you should see how the tears roll when she whines about her parents. far too easy, so I thought I'd get her hopes up and drop her flat. I have this girl now, right lucy?"

"skye is more than enough for anyone. I'll tell her you said that."

"she won't believe you, mate. she'll think you're lying. trying to break up our 'perfect' relationship." he snorted, his eyes sharp and beady, like a sewer rat's.

I turned to his new girl. "are you okay with this? this creature making out with eleven-year-olds?"

"piss off, dec. I'll have you. it's got fuck all to do with you what she thinks, I'm done with skye." kieran said, before lucy could open her mouth to speak.

i knew that this time, bargaining with sweets wouldn't be enough.

so i said, "skye might not believe me but i'll get someone she will believe it from."

"kid, please."

"she will find out-"

"i'm terrified."

"i promise." i glared, shoving all my anger
into a single expression.

for a moment, kieran actually flinched.

he gawped as I walked away. and I heard him say,

"did you see that look? he's messed up.

kid's going to grow up to be a serial killer or something."

"don't be stupid." said lucy.

but now that i think about it, kieran wasn't far off from the truth.