Chapter 3

Meanwhile in the beast's castle, Cogworths and Lumiere are seen heading towards the left wing...

"Well, I do think its quite beautiful that Belle has returned after all the horrible things happened.", Lumiere stated.

" Are you that shallow-minded? I don't even know why she is here, after all, all she brought upon us was misery. And to top it all, she escorted the misery back to the palace. Such effrontery! ", Cogworths scowled.

" Mon Cherie, why do you sound that way?. The poor child didn't do anything intentionally and you know she's here under captive like the rest of us."

"Forgive me if I say that she does deserve it, because of her the master was killed by that unworthy fellow and now the same fellow has taken over the castle, what rotten fate she brought!"

Just then Belle steps was heard behind them. They turned around to see her standing before them with a sad and apologetic look in her eyes confirming that she heard all they said. Cogworths was unremorseful to her countenance while Lumiere wished she didn't hear any of it. Lumiere tried to speak but Belle beat him to it.

"I'm happy to see you all are well."

"Lady Belle, we didn't mean any of that.", Lumiere quickly added remorsefully.

"Its okay, and I can't argue because it is the truth. But I did have a question to ask. If you could please clarify on the details of the spell cast on the castle.", she asked anxiously.

" What is more to be known? The spell was cast by an Enchantress on the Prince and all in the castle that until he learned to love someone and that person love him back before the last petal on the rose falls he will forever remained a beast.", Cogworths said reminiscing.

"But what could it mean now that you all have been restored to your human form again?"

"Well, since the spell was originally cast on the Prince and now he dead...", Cogworths said.

" It makes sense that we would be released from it.", Lumiere completed.

"Or it could be possible that the Prince is alive and is back to human form too somewhere.", Belle quickly added.

" That's impossible, he fell right before our eyes", Cogworths stated.

"But his body still hasn't been found. I mean, I love him and I know he loves me too. Isn't that enough to have broken the spell on him?", Belle said anxiously.

" That depends on when you realized you loved him, was it before or after he fell?", Lumiere asks without really requiring an answer.

Silence fell in room and they all stared at each other.

"The Prince is gone Belle, whether we all like it or not.", Cogworths stated matter-of -factly.

"Well, I was going into town to collect the rest of my things, and I was hoping if either one of you would like to accompy me?", Belle asked.

" I would be my pleasure, Belle", Lumiere says smiling then he looks at Cogworths expecting him to offer too but Cogworths simply shakes his head and says...

"I don't want to go, someone has to monitor the castle, both of you carry on"

"But it would be nice to see the town after such a long time", Lumiere insists.

"No one is going anywhere!", Gaston's voice echoes through the hallway. They all turn and face him at once.

" Belle, my Darling, how many times have I warned you not to provoke me?", Gaston roared, shoving her away from the other two.

"But I was just asking one of them to accompy me", she answered in rebellion.

" None of these creatures will accompy my queen anywhere, I'll have one of my men accompy you. These servants need to work", he said gesturing to them.

"Cogworths, Lumiere, you're dismissed", he said sternly still looking at Belle.

"And you Belle, your escort will join your carriage before you depart." He walks away and disappears down the stairs.

*********
At the local library in the town. Belle walks in and greets the librarian, the servant following her closely behind.

"Bonjour, Monsieur"

"Ah! Belle, it's been a while, how are you faring?"

"I am alright sir, just missed your patronizes."

"Oh but you know your free to drop by anytime. I heard you're in the castle out to town with Gaston now?"

"Yes", she replies sadly.

" it seems your reason for doing that is important, i know you will never do something like that ordinarily, but you have to endure it till it's over, okay?"

"But will it ever be over?, she asked seeming hopeless.

"I'm sure it will", he assures her.

There's a short pause then she speaks.

"But that apart, do you have anything new for me?", Belle asks.

#################

He sees her as she exits the bookshop, looking radiant, a strange man tagging behind her. He wondered what she was doing at that local bookshop, when there were thousand of books in his castle. Why couldn't she just go there? She probably thinks he's dead and would not want to go back.

Well, if she was not in his castle, she was at her house here in the town. He had to find out where that was. He would ask the owner of that shop. It was a small town, everyone should know everyone here.

A/N: A little update for y'all

Love ya!