Epilogue

Dedicated to all of you beautiful readers of 'His Playboy Ways'

"Something smells good." Mason commented as he stepped into the kitchen, opened the refrigerator door and grabbed himself a bottle of water. 

"That would be the turkey in the oven." I said.

"Something looks good too." He muttered and walked towards me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and said huskily in my ear, "and that would be you."

I rolled my eyes and turned around to face him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and smiled at him sweetly. "Mason," I began. "Sweet-talking and complimenting me isn't going to get you anywhere, so give it up already."

Mason feigned surprise. "How could you think I have some sort of ulterior motive behind complimenting you?"

I raised a brow at him in response and he gasped. "I'm offended that you think so lowly of me."

I unwrapped my arms from his neck and went back to mashing the potatoes I was busy with before Mason walked in. "Seriously Mason, I have lots of work to do before everyone arrives, so please could you do me a favour and get ready in time."

"Alright, but first..." He trailed off, grabbed my hand and spun me around to face him again. He placed one hand on the small of my back and the he cupped my cheek with the other. "Happy thanksgiving Mrs Clarke." He said and before I could respond he kissed me on the lips.

Mason reluctantly pulled away after some time and I guessed he only did that so we could catch our breath but that didn't stop him from leaving my lips and trailing kisses along my jawline. Mason sure knew how to get his way, I thought and he probably would if I didn't have a thanksgiving mean to prepare. "Mason," I said in a breath. "As much as I don't want you to stop but I have work to do...maybe we can continue this later?"

Mason stopped what he was doing and just when I was about to pull away, he wrapped both his arms around me and pulled me closer, claiming my lips once again. I ignored the fact that I still had a bit of work to do and tangled my fingers in Mason's hair.

Mason lifted me up and was about to place me on the counter but stopped when we heard footsteps running in our direction. Mason put me down on my feet and we broke the kiss, Mason rested his forehead over mine for a moment and groaned lightly under his breath. "Here come the monsters." He murmured and pulled away from me completely.

"Monsters huh?" I raised a brow. "They're only like that because of you. I told you not to spoil them so much."

"Don't you put the blame on me solely; you have a part in this too. Whenever I yell at them for doing something wrong, you're quick to defend them." he retorted.

"That's only because you were wrong then, you give them way too much leeway." I said crossing my arms. "And don't call them monsters; they're out kids after all."

Mason opened his mouth to say something but was stopped when four little feet ran into the kitchen. One pair belonged to a five year old little boy with dark brown hair - much like mine - and blue-grey eyes like Mason's. The other pair of feet was much smaller and belonged to a two year old girl who had dark blonde hair, like Mason's when he was younger, and green eyes like my mom.

Looking adorable dressed in her pink nightgown and matching slippers my two year old daughter cheered, "Daddy!"

Mason picked her up and kissed her cheek. "Good morning princess." He then looked over at me. "I might call them monsters but you know how much I love them."

Mason was right, he surely did love our kids more than anything else but he was right, they were a handful at times. I never knew having two toddlers in the house would be so much of work and so stressful.