Hello California

"Carly honey, it's so good to see you again!" My dad said practically squeezing me to death.

"Yeah... da-d I mis-ed you too!" I said trying to breathe.

"B-ut you'd pref-er me alive right?"

"can't brea-the!" I choked trying to catch my breath since my dad was hugging me so tightly.

"Oops sorry honey it's just I missed you so much." He said pulling away.

I took in a deep breath, "yeah I can see"

"Sorry baby girl." Dad said.

"Its cool dad, I missed you too." I smiled.

We got in the car after getting our luggage, hearing mom and dad chatting like old times made me smile broadly. We passed the streets and surroundings. Everything strangely seemed familiar. Even though I was gone for only four years or so I didn't expect to remember this place so much.

I opened my window and breathed in the Californian air, it seemed so familiar. Mom was right this was my home. I grinned as I sat back.

"Dad?" I asked.

"Yeah, sweetheart?" he replied.

"Where's Liam? Why didn't he come with to receive mom and me?" I asked.

"Honey, your brother wanted to come, but something came up." Dad said.

"Oh." Was all I said.

I was so going to get my brother back for not coming to the airport. He could fool my dad, but I knew my brother too well. When he said something came up, what he really meant was 'I found a real hot chick and was planning on getting some tonight.'

I was his little sister and he couldn't care less about seeing me after a good few months.

My brother was in college, he was two years older than me. We were really close, whenever I came to visit during the summer; we spent almost all of our time together. He was my big brother and my role model. I looked up to him and always wanted to be just like him. I saw him cry for the first time when I left with my mom four years ago. We promised each other that we would call each at least once a day.

Today when I got home he was going to pay, for not coming to receive me, I hadn't seen him in months, but he still didn't come to the airport, let alone that; I didn't even receive a text from him.

After a short drive from the airport we finally reached home, my dad pulled into our driveway. I took in the house that stood before me. It looked the same as I could remember from last summer when I was down. Our house was a simple double storey house, it wasn't very extravagant. It had a good modern touch; it looked like a typical Californian house. The house was painted white on the outside, with lots of windows. We lived very close to the beach; it was practically a fifteen minute walk.

"Welcome home!" my dad smiled.

I smiled broadly at my dad; somehow I like the sound of that, calling this place home again made me feel all warm inside.

"Well are you going to stand outside all day? Or do you intend on coming in?" My dad teased.

"Coming!" I smiled.

"What about all our luggage?" I asked as I shout the front door behind me.

"Don't worry about that honey, it will be sent up in a few." My mom replied.

"Okay." I said casually.

The house inside looked the same, nothing had changed. As I ran up the stairs I couldn't help but remember the time I tripped my brother, and he fell down the stairs. I still don't get how he hurt himself so badly that he needed stitches, I mean he only fell from a height of eight stairs or so. I remember being grounded for three months. The only time I was allowed out the house was to go to school. It sounds bad but I was only eleven, and Liam was annoying me.