6. Bullies & Basketball

Song: Berlin

Artist: RY X

Chapter Six: "Bullies & Basketball"

"Damn Fatshely, you really know how to play a mean game of basketball." Chris chuckled, leaning against the gym wall.

"How much weight do I have to lose for you guy's to stop saying that stupid nickname." I groaned, rolling my eyes as his smirk got bigger.

"Just lose all the fat on that body of yours if you want. I don't give a fuck Ashely, you'll still be an ugly loser." He remarks, letting out a dry laugh.

And this is why I hate Chris, he has mood swings like a girl on her period.

"Shut up Chris." I whisper, looking around the gym to see people were all too busy doing their own thing to notice the scene going on over here.

"Don't tell me what to do." Chris hissed, glaring at me with more venom in his eyes than I'd seen from him before.

"I hate you." I spat, looking down at me feet as he brought his hands from his sides to shove me against the cold bleachers. I stumbled back onto them as his face got closer to mine,

"You're so fucking pathetic." He said, laughing as he then walked back towards his group of friends. I watched in fear as Jake and others high fived him. They had seen everything and didn't do anything about it. Their the pathetic ones!

My vision slowly became blurry. I had no energy to get up from the position I was in. I was sprawled out on the bleachers, I looked so dumb. I let a wet tear drop run down my cheek. I didn't even bother to notice when a figure approached me. I didn't dare to look up. It was probably just Coach Harold telling me to get back in the game.

"Get up." I heard someone say, sorrow in their voice as they stuck a hand out to me. I slowly moved my head so that they came into view. It was Noah. He was wearing a blue under armour t-shirt and grey gym shorts. I slowly lifted myself up into a sitting position.

"What?" I croaked, wiping my tears away. "Why does it even matter to you?" I asked. It hadn't mattered to him before when he saw Chris beating me up. Why should it matter now?

"I told you Ashely," He began with a sad smile on his face and a hint of real emotion sparkling in his eyes, "we're family now."

"Noah just go away." I told him, my head in my hands. I couldn't look him in the eye.

"I've changed." He stated, "I'm not that immature little boy that I was all those years before."

"People may change, Noah," I sighed, removing my head from my hands to look up at him, "But the things you did, I can never forget them." I said and with that I walked away.

***

"Mesdames et messieurs, c'est pourquoi vous devez voter Noah James pour le détenteur de l'euro!" Noah said as he took a bow, proceeding to sit down next to Oliver and they high fived one another.

"Great job Noah, now ma classe lets do our voting for Euro Holder." Madame Kiera applauded as the class fell silent.

"Okay, if you think Taya deserves to be Euro Holder clap for her." She said as Taya stood up. Only about five people clapped. It was pretty dead.

"You got this bro." I heard Oliver whisper to Noah as Taya sat down with sadness in her eyes.

"Okay class, if you think Francesca deserves to be the Euro Holder clap."

Nobody clapped causing Francesca to shriek in annoyance.

"Now class, if you think Noah deserves to be Euro Holder clap."