17. Mystery Man

Chapter Seventeen: "Mystery Man"

"Ashely! A boy says he's here for you!" My mother yelled from downstairs, her voice sounding bored and strained. 

"Coming mom!" I shouted back as I quickly zipped up my maroon dress and grabbed my heels. I ran down the stairs only to be met by Noah and my mom. Noah was wearing a black suit with a maroon tie cause he said he wanted to match. 

"Why's he here?" My mom raised an eyebrow.

"Homecoming." I shrugged and she nodded as me and Noah headed out the door and into his truck.

"You look amazing." He commented as he started the truck. 

"You do too." I told him, smiling at him. I wasn't lying, he did.

"Thanks." He grinned. By the way the two of us were dressed we didn't look like we belong in a truck.

Once we arrived at the school Noah had told me he wanted us to make a grand entrance so that's what we did. 

"I see its the man of the hour Noah James and-" A group of jocks ran up to us to give Noah high fives but when they turned to me their faces fell.

"-Fatshely?" One asked in shock, taking in my outfit. I nodded slowly before Noah jumped in,

"It's Ashely." He smirked at the group who looked sort of shocked.

"Yeah, uh cool, have fun?" They said before leaving to go dance. The song 'T-Shirt' by Migos was blasting. 

"Wanna go get some food?" Noah asked as he turned to me. I nodded and we headed over to the table of food but one thing caught my eye. 

The fruit punch looked so good.

"Don't drink that." Noah told me. He must of saw me eyeing it as if it was jesus himself. 

"Why not?" I raised an eyebrow at him as he face palmed himself.

"It's spiked. It is every year." Noah snickered as my eyes widened.

"B-but I always drink so much of it each year?" I exclaimed causing him to break out laughing. 

"You can still drink it but I advise you not to, if you believe me that is." Noah added, pouring himself a cup of it. 

"You're drinking it!" I frowned as he took a long sip.

"Yeah but I can handle alcohol." He said with a sly smirk on his face.

"So can I! This isn't the first year I've drank the punch." I defended, pouring myself a cup too. 

"You sure?" Noah asked with wide eyes as I took a long sip,

then another,

then another,

then I poured another cup,

then another.

"You're insane." Noah informed with his jaw almost dropped to the floor. "I like it."

"Thanks." I grinned as I almost fell over. "What's in it this year? It's strong." 

"I think-" Noah began as he took a sip of his before his eyes widened even more. "-Tequila."

"Oh?" I chuckled as I saw Nathan making his way over to us with Oliver and Oliver's date Jennifer but his side. 

"Seriously Noah?" Nathan muttered as he looked at me drinking my third cup of punch.

"Hey, don't look at me! I told her it was spiked." Noah defended as I began to walk towards Nathan.

"I'm not drunk..." I told him as he scrunched up his face.