Sorry Not Sorry

One week later....

Q: Favorite things to do during the holidays

A: watch holiday movies

"I broke up with Steven" Mel said causally emptying her cup of Sprite soda.

"You what! Why?"

"I just don't think I'm into him anymore, I was so sure he was the one for me but I guess I was wrong" Mel said forking her pasta noodles.

Both Mel and I sat in the cafeteria on our lunch hour. Porter usually sat with us but these days he's being busy with Renae to even pay us any mind.

"Do you want to come over and talk about it tonight, girls night?"

She looked up grinning
"That would be great babe"

Later that night, Mel and I began to set up or movie, snacks, blankets and hot coco for the tea spill. That's what Melanie calls it anyway.

"When is the pizza getting here?" She said slightly panting as we rearranged the furniture.

Wiping the perspiration from my forehead, I answered.

"Any minute now, in five minutes it's free" I assured her after glancing at the wall clock.

"Ah. Gotta love free pizza" she giggled dropping her dead weight face down on the couch.

Ding dong

I got up quickly from the couch.

"Oh that must be the pizza I'm starving...--what are you doing here?"

It was not the pizza; (which disappointed me even more), Trent stood on my door step dressed in a dark hoodie and gray sweats, bits of his ear length golden locks peeked through.

"Can we talk?"

"No!" I hissed slamming the door in his face.

"Damn girl who was that?" Mel asked sitting up at the sudden bang of the door.

"Nobody" I huffed making my way over to her turning on the television. The doorbell immediately rang again, twice more.

"For crying out loud!" Melanie moved to stand, I abruptly stopped her

"If you touch that door, I'll break your fingers" I glared

She squirmed, snuggling back into the fuzzy blanket.

"Alright jeez" she mumbled

Thrice more it rang, we both ignored it.

"Why aren't you guys answering the door? I had to get up from my sleep to do it" Porter hissed descend from his room.

"Porter no don't-"

"Hey Trent! What's good man!?" Porter greeted him with a hand shake.

"-Let him in" I finished glaring at the two.

"I'm all good man, I'm just here to see your sister" Trent said glancing my way