Chapter 40 "Twisted Love"

Leo's pov

I have no idea how long I've been slamming my fist against the wall, but I'm guessing quite a lot since I can no longer feel my hand. Numbness is all I feel as of this moment.

Falling down to my knees. I let out a loud frustratedly sigh hating myself like never before. Thanks to me and my rage, Madison and my son are in critical condition right now. I glance down at my bloody knuckles not feeling any pain instead I feel pain in the inside for hurting my pregnant wife. I swore to myself I wasn't going to hurt her anymore like I did in the beginning. She changed me without even trying. I honestly feel like she's healing me deep within from all of the torment I went through as a kid. But tonight, I accidentally hurt her all thanks to not being able to control this anger that's always been a problem.

 But tonight, I accidentally hurt her all thanks to not being able to control this anger that's always been a problem

I let out a hysterical grunt wanting to rewind time to where that bastard of Madison's ex interrupted my night. I should of handled things differently and most importantly I should of listened to Madison. All of this could of been avoided.

"Please save my son lord and for Madison to be okay. I know I'm a huge sinner and done horrible shit, but please don't let my sins cost an innocent child's life... punish me not them," I murmur yo myself. For the first time in my life, I pray. It's the only thing I could think of during this stressful situation. I believe the devil exists, I mean just look at me, so I'm sure there's a God out there too.

"Mr. Castillo?," a female voice murmurs from behind me.

I immediately stand up peering at the red head nurse, "Yes?"

"Your wife is now stable," she casually says while glancing down at her clipboard. I let out a breathe knowing that the woman I love is safe. However, there's still one more person I still have to worry about.

"And my son?," I nervously question fearing the worst. The nurse looks down at her clipboard once again before she looks up leveling her hazel eyes with mine.

"He's fine too... everything is all stable now," she smiles. All of the weight I had pressuring down on my shoulders are lifted up instantly feeling at ease.

"Oh my... sir your hand!," she gasps making her way to me grabbing my hand examining it.

"It's fine... take me to my wife," I mutter pulling my hand back away from her grasp.

Madison's pov

The door creaks open revealing the nice nurse that's been attending me since I was rushed in here from the club. Due to my panic, the doctor had to sedate me, which completely knocked me out almost instantly. Waking up, the doctor reassured me that everything is fine. My baby is safe still growing inside my womb. Once the nurse steps inside fully. My eyes lock with Leo's chocolate brown eyes. Immediately, I avert my gaze away from him not at all happy to see him. He's the reason why I almost lost the only blessing I have in my life.