Frustration Pt1

I hope this chapter isn't too boring. It's just the first part, so hopefully you can get through it without falling asleep. Lol Enjoy :)

____

London woke up to a soft tapping at his cheek, and when he opened his eyes to the morning hue of the bedroom, he smiled to himself when his son was seen standing at the side of the bed. Benjamin Matthews was just a year and five months old. He had silky brunette hair that barely touched his small shoulders, dark brown eyes, and he was wearing his black-rimmed glasses that had a strap to make sure they wouldn't fall off. Dressed in just his pull-up, Ben returned the smile received and pulled himself up onto the large bed.

Happy to see his son, London bundled the boy into his arms and turned over, acting like little Ben was a pillow to cuddle with. "Ah, sleepy time," London said, "Goodnight."

"Not sweepy!" Ben struggled as giggles left him, "Sissers up, Papa."

"Oh," London sat up with Ben against him, unsurprised to see Marbell wasn't in bed beside him. "Your sisters are awake?"

Ben nodded with persistence and hurriedly crawled out of bed, waving his father along as if London didn't already know the way to his daughters' bedroom. Following as he was led, the two turned into a bedroom with two white cribs, and inside each of them was an nine-month-old baby girl with curly brown hair and caramel skin. Both girls were standing against the supportive railing that kept them from climbing or falling out, and when they both laid eyes on their father, the excitement in them grew.

Going for Layla first, London lifted her into his arms and kissed her chubby cheeks, and then did the same for her sister Naomi. The girls looked so alike that they couldn't really be told apart, especially by strangers, but their parents were far too familiar with their little ones to mistake them. "Good morning, my baby girls," London said, carrying them at his hips. "I think it's time for a diaper change, and then we'll get you two all pretty for the day."

Setting Layla down on the floor, London first closed the bedroom door so she wouldn't get the idea to wander off. As Ben entertained his sister with her hollow, plastic blocks with pictures of animals on them, London placed Naomi on the changing table and fixed her in a new diaper. When it was strapped on properly, he fetched a goldish-yellow onesie with long sleeves, and a pair of black cotton tights. Once her socks were also pulled on, he sat her up and tried to be as gentle as he could when putting her wild hair into one fluffy ponytail. She would fuss for a second, but when a headband was put into place with a black bow, she was happy to be set down to play with Ben.

After Layla was put into a similar outfit, but her shirt was dark pink, and her hair was prepared in the same fashion, London lifted the girls once more and called for Ben to follow him to the boy's room to get him ready as well. There, he dressed Ben in blue jeans and a navy-blue shirt with a grey bear on the front. When his son's hair was tucked under a small, cute grey beanie, socks were pulled onto his feet and his teeth were brushed.

Finished dressing his children for the day, London went to check on his little sister. Joyce was nearly six years old now. Her red hair was to the middle of her back, and the freckles on her face had become a bit more of a prominent feature. Since she was still sleeping, London sat down at her bedside and rubbed a hand at her back. "Joyce," he said in a quiet voice, "Time to wake up. Come downstairs for breakfast, okay?"

The little girl stirred a little and turned over onto her back, her red hair falling over her face like a curtain. "Okay," she said. "Can I pick my own clothes?"

"Sure," London kissed her hair and stood up, "When you're finished getting dressed, come show me your outfit and we'll all eat breakfast together. And don't forget to brush your teeth, young lady."