Chapter 17-Uncomparable

GIA'S POV

It was embarrassing.

It was devastating.

It was real.

I couldn't just sit there in the dining room where my best friends were with their mates. They were all so happy and in love but me? My mate ran away from me just by my looks. Imagine if he got to know my personality. I did what any sane wolf would do in that situation. I ran. I guess that's why he did too...

I immediately had gone to the back of the castle letting Athena take control of my senses. I felt as though I was choking on air. Once outside, I sprinted towards the forest shifting into my dark brown wolf, shredding my dress into millions of pieces. I just ran and ran and ran.

I ran till Athena found a spring and went to drink. I drank and then I laid there on the grass and cried silently. Athena was hurt due to the very blatant rejection of her mate. We just laid there and thought of how lonely this life would be. Never would we carry pups or have a wedding. A mate was such a sacred thing and he acted as though he was disgusted to even be granted one.

I don't even know his name.

We laid there for what seemed like minutes but I knew it had to be over an hour. There was a brief rustling of the leaves before a large grey wolf pounced on my and trapped me underneath. A vicious look in his eyes as he snarled at me. I knew this wolf wouldn't hurt me though because the undeniable tingles rushed through out my body. It was him...

The wolf got off of me and paced in front of my awestruck eyes. He shifted back into his human form and I swear he had the body of a god. He pulled out a pair of gym shorts and a plain grey t-shirt from behind a tree. He quickly slid on the shorts covering up his manly glory.

"Shift." He said with a non-decipherable look. I do as I was told and crouch over so that I wasn't completely exposed. He tossed the grey shirt at me and didn't remove his gaze even as I stood up and placed the shirt on. "What is your name?"

I look at him with my mouth slightly agape to the shock of my mate coming to find me. I swallow as I stutter out, "Georgianna Apostolou."

"Greek born?" He asks himself with furrowed brows. "You don't sound as though you were raised here."

"My mother was born here and my grandmother brought them to America for a change. I was raised in America," I say as I advert my gaze from him. He storms over to me and raises my chin to meet his gaze.

"Look at me as we speak." His hands were calloused as though he worked hard every day of his life. My wolf purred so loudly at how manly he was, I'm sure he could hear her. His hair was brown and messy and completely swoon worthy. His stunning blue eyes complimented his rough five o'clock shadow completely. His jaw was strong and his eyes shone with authority.

I spoke up before he could back away. "Why did you reject me?"

He throws his hand down immediately and backs away turning his back on me, pacing. "I did not reject you."

"I would say running away from your mate as soon as you realize you have one is a clear rejection." I spit out, unable to hide my hurt and anger. He turns back around sharply and looks at me-- eyes glowing.

"I could never reject my mate. I never anticipated on having a mate to begin with. But trust me when I say, little one, that you want nothing to do with me. I wasn't supposed to have a mate..."

Being slightly irritated that he wasn't even considering how I feel about him, I huff out. "Well you have one now. So what exactly is your plan? Were you just going to walk away and pretend nothing happened? I'm real and you're kind of stuck with me."