Chapter 33-Dryer than the Sahara

I'd been back for just over a month and a half. I've been busy preparing for the wedding which would take place in just shy of a month. Busy has been an understatement for what it's been like for Gia and I to plan this wedding. Occasionally Hermione would help but not too often. I haven't seen Rebecca much at all since I've returned and I've been missing her bubbly personality.

Right now Gia and I finally decided to have a break and enjoy some iced drinks on the roof so that we could watch the ocean. "So is everything going alright now that you're back, Soph?" Gia asked.

"For the most part. I've missed being with Alec though." Gia's eyes lit up at the slight mention.

I could see a flicker of her mischievous ways brighten her eyes. "I thought you spent quite a lot of time together now. I heard he wasn't letting you out of his sight or out of the presence of one of us." I slump in my chair as I take a long sip of my iced tea.

"Well we've been around each other a lot...."

Honestly I've spent time with Alec and I've been near Alec but by gosh we sure haven't had time together since I've been back. I've become anxious about the entire thing. Della is beside herself at the lack of contact with her mate. I swear if she forces another heat on me I will hurt Deo Vasilios.

"Well I mean we've been around each other a lot but we just haven't had time together." I rub my neck as I take another long sip. I can see Gia's smile widen in the corner of my eye.

"Whatever do you mean? Aren't you spending time together if you're around each other a lot?"

I sit up in my chair and glare at her. "Gia, you know what I mean," I grit out.

She sits up straighter in her chair as well as she looks at me with a mock look. "I'm afraid I don't understand what you're asking dear friend."

"Dammit G! We haven't had sex since I've been back! I'm dying! My love life has been dryer than the sahara and I am thirsting for anything I can get!" I cover my face with my hands in embarrassment as Gia laughs.

"I know what you meant I just wanted you to say it." I glare at her.

"G what do I do? I feel like I'm tainted. He doesn't want me anymore because I've been with someone else."

Gia waves at a guy to bring her another macron. "I think," bites into the treat, "you just need to show you feel like he isn't interested anymore. I'm sure he'll get the hint there." I nod as I get up from my seat.

"Thanks G. Even though you're the most annoying person I've ever met in my life, sometimes you can be helpful." She winks as she swats my butt as I walk past her. I blush as I walk to the elevator and take it all the way down to the first floor.

I walk towards Alec's office as I check my appearance as I approach nearer and nearer. I knock on the door and walk in at the same time. Alec looks startled at first but smiles softly as he sees me. "Hello, love. What can I do for you?"

I just sit on the edge of his desk, making sure I don't crumple any papers. "Alec, I have a question to ask you." I pause as he stops his pen to look at me. "Did I upset you?"

His eyebrows knit together and shakes his head softly. "No?"

"Do you... feel like I'm tainted? Because I was with Declan?"

"Of course not, Kardiá. Why would you say that?"

"I feel like you're repulsed by me now. You continuously deny me and I feel like it's because Declan touched me and now I'm tainted. I've been with another other than you." I can feel tears bubble onto my cheek. He quickly wipes them away with his calloused thumb.