Chapter 6: "What is this girl doing to me?"

S O P H I E W I L K I N S

As the morning light shines through my eyelids, I slowly sit up in bed and slip on my glasses. Swinging my legs off the edge of the bed, I waddle over to the bathroom and wash my hands.

As my finger slowly moves closer to my face, the contact for my left eye slips from my finger and falls into the rushing water coming down from the faucet.

Immediately, I shut the water off, but it's too late.

I groan as I helplessly watch the contact go down the drain. Ugh, now I have to wear my glasses.

Bree texts me that she's waiting outside and I quickly brush my teeth and get changed. I rush downstairs, grab a banana from the counter and pick up my backpack on the floor.

As I fumble with the doorknob, I drop my phone. I quietly curse under my breath as I bend down to pick it up. When I look down at it, a huge crack spread across the screen. Not a great start to the day.

I open the door to Bree's white Mazda and hop in, my hair a mess and my clothes wrinkled.

"What happened to you?" She asks, eyebrows raised in amusement.

"Well first, one of my contacts fell into the sink. Then, I dropped my phone as I was walking out of the door and a huge crack appeared," I said, showing her the long line traveling across the screen, making her grimace at the sight.

She takes off as I try my best to smooth out my clothes and hair.

We pull up to school and sprint to English. Busy running like a madwoman, I don't paying attention to where I'm going and slam right into a hard chest, my glasses nearly falling off my face. The tall body towering over me shows no effect from my blow as I stumble backwards.

A large arm quickly wraps around my waist, catching me before I hit the floor, as I grip their bicep and shoulder. I smell the familiar expensive cologne and look up.

"Woah, Shortcake. Better watch where you're going," Andrew whispers, a confident smirk appearing on his dumb face.

"Asshole," I mutter. Yup, the arrogant Andrew is back.

We stare at each other for a couple of seconds before I realize we're still standing in the middle of the hallway, his arm around my waist and my body dipped at a slight angle. A glint hinting an unrecognizable emotion sparks in his eyes as our intense gaze remains on each other.

"Umm...you can let go now, Andrew," I softly said with a slight, subtle hitch in my voice. What is this boy doing to me?

"Oh...uh, yeah...sorry." He pulls me back up to a standing position and I fix my shirt. I glance up and see Aria glaring at me. I flash her a fake smile and stroll into the classroom, flipping my long, wavy hair behind me.

A N D R E W D A L T O N

Standing a few feet away from the classroom, I hear shoes slamming against the glossy, white floor. I turn to the left and a short, tiny body rams into me, causing her to stumble backwards a little. I quickly step forward and snake my arm around her waist so she doesn't hit the floor.