Chapter 8: The Search

S O P H I E   W I L K I N S

A rough hand grabs firmly onto my wrist and pulls me into a dark, empty classroom. I gasp as the sudden movement startles me, and my phone along with my books drop to the floor. I open my mouth to scream, but a large hand silences my cry for help.

The classroom door closes and there's a moment of silence. The mysterious figure holds onto me with their muscular arm, restraining my arms from moving. I bite their hand and they grunt, "Ouch, what the hell!"

Although they cry out in pain, they don't remove their hand. Instead, their grip on my arms behind my body tighten further, which was becoming uncomfortable. The voice belonged to a guy, but not the guy I was hoping for, causing me to panic internally.

Then, four smaller hands take over and clutch onto my forearms, two hands on each side, and the muscular arm removes their hold. I try to tear away from the smaller hands, but their grip is still stronger and they tighten their grasp. Damn, I need to start working out.

Tears slowly start to form in my eyes, but I quickly blink them away. No, I couldn't show them weakness. That's just what they wanted.

Then, one of the lights flickers on and a faint glow casts upon someone sitting on top of a desk a couple of feet away from me, their build small and skin.

"Look at who we have here, ladies," the voice coming from the desk calls out. They strut closer and a picture of a face slowly becomes more prominent.

Aria.

The tall mystery man steps out from the shadows and joins Aria. He looks like he could be in his early twenties and is a whole head taller than Aria with giant muscles.

I don't recognize his face but notice he has similar facial features to Aria. Wow, I guess being psychotic runs in the family.

He leans down and whispers something in her ear before quietly opening the door and left.

I look to my left and right and see that the four petite hands belong to two girls on the cheerleading team.

"What the hell do you want, Aria?" I ask coldly.

"I told you to stay away from my boyfriend," she spits in a hostile manner. "I'll give you a warning today, but next time, I won't be as lenient."

"He's not your boyfriend, Aria. The last time I checked, he thought you were an annoying little bitch," I said with a smirk, a hint of pride in my voice.

She strides a couple of steps closer to me until she's right in my face. She raises her hand and gives me a hard slap across the cheek.

My glasses fly off my face and skid across the floor. Great, now I can't see anything in front of me.

"How dare you talk to me like that, you boyfriend stealing bitch!" Aria hisses, rage in her voice as her face turns red. "Try me again, and it won't just be one little slap." She spins around, flipping her hair in my face, and walks back to the desks.

"Your ass must be pretty jealous of all the crap that comes out of your mouth," I chortle proudly. She whips around again, mouth wide open, and stomps back in my direction.