Epilogue

Bailey Parker

"Eat," said a cruel voice. I looked down at the small pork roast, stomach growling venomously.

I scarfed it down. Shireen held out a cup of mashed peas and worms. I looked at the little baby beside me. We'd been feeding her worms in everything she ate so that she grew quicker. It was working.

I shuddered.

I scooped mouthful after mouthful into Nadia's mouth, grimacing at how much she enjoyed it. Her golden eyes sometimes flashed with fire and I was reminded of the night when everything had happened.

When I had betrayed all of my friends.

If they knew half the things I'd done, they would have killed me. They should have killed me. Samar had bitten me but when I'd come to, it was like it had never happened. I hated myself for not being able to die easily.

Crevan was pacing again. I knew what he was worried about. He'd never known how to keep his thoughts from me.

Aurum will regret ever trying to have me killed...

Damn pride...

I'll make her recognize my power...

I'll make my mother suffer...

I shuddered. Jiuweihu or not, he was exactly like the Kitsune. In fact, he was a Kitsune, but he preferred the Chinese term. All the Kitsune never knew how to close off their minds. They never knew I was listening to everything.

His plans were good. But he needed more support to get what he wanted. The Sirens were his first target. He'd already recruited the Rakshasa, the tiger people.

There was no doubt in my mind that he'd get what he wanted, but I didn't want to be there when he got it.

Nadia blinked up at me, already a cold golden fire flaming in her eyes, reflecting innocent danger into my soul. Her small hand encircled one of my fingers and I forced a smile onto my face, trying to give the terrifying creature some hope.

I jumped back in pain, sucking on the handprint burn around my finger. Nadia stared at me thoughtfully and I turned away. Already she was hurting people. I drew in a shuddering breath and the nasty burn slowly faded back to my normal smooth skin.

But I'd deserved the pain, so why couldn't it stay?

"Get up," Crevan ordered. I stood and he gave me a thoughtful once over. "You."

"What?" I spat, blinking back tears.

"You are to go with Shireen to speak with the Sirens," he told me, taking a lock of my brown hair and twisting it in his fingers.

"And where will you be?"

Crevan turned his blood red eyes on me, unblinking. "I trust you, daughter. You are my most loyal servant. But I cannot tell you that," he smiled and I nodded, not daring to argue.

His mind was blank. He wasn't taking any risks. Where was he going?

Well, this is actually the end, guys. No more of the Last Phoenix is to be written. It's been a really great time writing this. I hope you all enjoyed it.

I can't wait to keep writing this series and I hope you stick with it.

Question of the Chapter: What's your favorite type of candy?

My Answer: Probably like crunch or twizzlers. My friend and I both love sour patch kids and peanut m&m's though.

Vote, Comment, Share, and Stay Tuned For More!!!

I reverse hate you all!!!