Chapter 1

Welcome back my His Flower Fam!

Please comment, vote and follow!

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 1

    Rose

       "Did you take your meds today?"

       "Mhm." I mumbled around the blueberry muffin stuffed into my mouth, the straps of my bag clutched tightly in my hands as I tried to hurriedly chew.

       "You wouldn't be lying, would you?"

       I shook my head viciously before going back to chomping down on the soft, sugary goodness. I forget to take them one day and it turns into a giant problem. It's not like I purposely skipped.

       Tate raised an eyebrow at me, his lips pulling into an amused smile. "Don't let your sister see you eating like that." He chuckled as the car pulled to a stop in front of the school, its red brick exterior as intimidating as the people inside. "You know how she is with that kind of stuff."

       I finished the rest of the muffin on a hard swallow and shot him a smile before opening the truck door. "Good thing she's in classes all day." I stuck my tongue out at him as I stepped onto the sidewalk, his eyes rolling as I did.

       "Thanks for the ride Tate! I'll see you after school!" I called hastily as the warning bell for first period rang, and slammed the door shut before hurrying inside. I let out a long sigh as the school doors swung shut behind me.

       A new day. A new day. A new day.

       It was a mantra I forced into my mind every single morning, one I had to repeat constantly. A new day. Everything is always better on a new day, and you never know what to expect.

       The halls were filled with hurrying students, a few I recognized but none who knew me. It had always been like that, ever since dad brought me back. Rosalyn Summers didn't exist, and that wasn't exactly a bad thing. New people... scared me. Even though they weren't exactly new. I've been back for two years.

       I shrugged off the thought, put a bright smile on my face, and hurried to my locker. A new day. A new day. A new day.

       I saw them the second I turned the corner, it was nearly impossible not to notice them. My steps immediately faltered, the blood leaving my face. It was hard not having some kind of reaction when walking by the Big Four. They stood against the hall's glass windows, watching something outside. Whatever it was had all four of their attention.

       They were all just so—dark. Dark in that extremely attractive kind of way. They never talked to anyone outside of their own group, yet they managed to rule the school in their own manner. It was amazing to watch. From a distance.

       I clutched my backpack's straps tighter and hurried behind them. No one made the mistake of interrupting their little huddles, it never ended well for the one who did. Even if it was an accidental bump on the shoulder.

       I tried not to make it obvious I was practically glued to the opposite wall as I passed them, with more than a handful of students between us. I tried to keep my sigh of relief quiet when I finally reached the safety of my locker. I quickly threw everything I didn't need for the first half of the day inside, including my phone.

       Which, in retrospect, was the best mistake of my life.

-&-

       I glanced at the clock, waited an hour, then glanced again. "Ugh!" I hissed under my breath. Only a minute had passed. I resisted the urge to slam my head against the hard desk top repeatedly.