Phone Calls Are Bad News

--Brittney--

The doors opened, and I pounced towards his muscular and broad figure.

"Ashie! How's the investigation goi-"

My attempts of an affectionate hug and greeting were denied through the icy glare he sent my way – so cold that it froze me on the spot. Mmmm. I licked my lips. Yep, only Ashton can have that sort of effect first go.

"Don't fucking call me that! Where's Eloise!" He grunted in impatience, scanning the place with laser eyes. That seriousness only made me want to play with him more. Ashton's visits were always my favourite.

I faked innocence and hurt, bringing a hand to my heart to emphasise.

"How come only Nicki gets the right to call you that? Aren't I technically gonna be your sister-in-law soon," I teased with a pout, wrapping myself around his arm and smirking suggestively. "You know, with how well she's getting along with Jake and all." I purposely dug his arm into the crook of my breasts to get a reaction. He cringed in disgust. Yep, that was pretty much what I expected. In fact, he looked like he wanted to punch me in the face. Of course, he can't do that, considering how true my statement was.

A tired groan rumbled from the depths of his chest as he elbowed me off him. That winded me for a second but this was how our interactions usually progressed.

"Stop dodging the question Truven. Where's my fiancee?" He grit through his teeth. I giggled mischievously and grinned with an evil glint in my eye. How can I fuck with him? An idea popped into my mind.

"Well, that depends. What would make you madder? - If I said that I sent her over to Australia or that I sent her off with my brother?"

His expression intensified. I marvelled at that definition of his jawline and cheekbones as he clenched down his teeth together. I gotta admit, as much as I hated him, he was sexy as hell. I was just enjoying that, no harm. 

His hand grasped onto my shirt and pulled my face to align with his. His eyes reflected off mine. It gave off a petrifying gleam, but I was still smirking in challenge. This was a tactic he used for intimidation, but seeing how much of a wuss he was when he was younger, it never had its effect on me.

"Where's your parasite of a brother?!" He growled. I laughed, losing it at the face he was making right now. What did he think my brother would possibly do with Eli if they were alone?! Oh wait, I know.

"Which one do you mean?!" I taunted.

"The one that doesn't know how to stop pissing me off!" His tone was getting deeper and more threatening with a sharp edge to it. The process of watching Ashton lose his cool was one of the most entertaining things. It's been 17 years and I'm still not tired of it. The grip around my collar tightened, slightly suffocating me. But, I still smiled on.

"Oh, but, they both do that now, don't they?"

"Jessica!" He roared, shaking me and in turn, choking me. I stifled my chuckles and thought of something else to add fuel to the fire.

"Alright, alright. If you must know. He's out with your sister right now." Ashton stopped what he was doing, the grasp he had on my shirt loosening dramatically. That got him. His one undeniable weakness. I gleefully continued, adding unnecessary details, "Yep, at that new bowling alley you own in the city as well. in the 'King's Suite' room. He said that if he wins, he's gonna bend her over and fuck her brains out right there on the seat. Record it, so he can jack off to it later. And, then, he's gonna get her to suck-"

He shoved me roughly to the ground, shutting me up. His face had darkened significantly, meaning he wasn't just angry anymore... he was blood-thirsty. Maybe I took it too far? Well, I guess no guy wants to hear about his little sister getting railed by some punk that he hates. I had made it up because I knew it would've triggered him, but I guess I kinda got lost in my creativity in the fun of the moment.