Reunion

--Eloise--

Man...I was close.

Though, I guess, it was always going to end up this way. And, I suppose, this couldn't have been the worst turn of events. 

Honestly, what else did I even expect? 

The rush of the train sped the city outside into a blur of colourful lights. There was no rattle against the railways, so it was a swift and smooth ride in silence at two-thirty in the morning. There was barely anyone else on the train – only drunks or the tired going home from a heavy Friday night of partying. 

I had been escorted across the world over multiple chartered flights over the last week. It had been a whole week since everything had happened. A week ago, I had been hopeful of a quiet and peaceful future with Ashton - even if it had been brief. But, it was a foolish hope. Because, now, a week later, I was in Sydney, Australia. The other side of the globe, with no means of escape. 

The man they had sent with me had kept me on a tight leash the entire time. 

So, it over now. My chance was gone. Time to face things the way they were intended. 

Time to finally meet my origins. My father. Don Giovanni Florenzo. 

The bloody, fucking murderer. The one who had my entire family killed out of spite. My family...that raised me and cared for me. They were gone now because of a father I hadn't even known about until a few months ago. 

It was over now. This was it. I could feel it approaching far too quickly. 

A sigh escaped my lips when the train squealed to a stop – our final stop. This was the ending I got. I tried, but I failed. No matter how hard I fought, the ending I wanted was impossible anyways – unrealistic. This will always be my ending. The mafia will always be my ending. I needed to stop dreaming.

A hiss released as the doors opened onto the dirty, tiled floors of the subway.

I had lost everything. I had been betrayed by almost everyone I knew. And, now, I was forced to live with a stranger. A murderer that was a part of the fucking mafia I hated so much. 

This was my life now. And, it will be forever. 

From the train, I was transferred to a slick, black car. The man who had travelled with me stayed back as a new set of men took me elsewhere. I felt like merchandise. Passed on from one place to another. They didn't see me as anything more. The Clemotes, Truvens, Devons...they must have all been involved with this together. They must have all been sneering behind my back as they plotted how much of a bargain they could get for me. 

Whatever.

I didn't even feel human anymore. I had been gradually losing touch with that sentiment for a long time now. 

A bout of sadness came and went as briefly as it could. Perhaps, I simply just lacked the strength to care. My mind was as tired as my body. 

Despite my exhaustion, I couldn't sleep. I stared out the window the entire time until we arrived at an estate on the outskirts of the city. It was a long distance away from city civilisation...

What will he be like? 

Will he be cruel and strict? Warm and receptive? 

I could not bring myself to form an attachment to any of those expectations. Simply, because, I could not care less, anymore. No matter what he was like, he was still the man who killed my entire family. I did not want this. I did not want to be here. Not with him. 

Unlike other times, I was not impressed by the architecture or luxury of the mansion. I waited in the parlour room with eyes fixated onto on my own hands as I waited for the man who was to be my father now.