- off to nature -

"O you who have believed, let not a people ridicule [another] people; perhaps they may be better than them; nor let women ridicule [other] women; perhaps they may be better than them. And do not insult one another and do not call each other by [offensive] nicknames. Wretched is the name of disobedience after [one's] faith. And whoever does not repent – then it is those who are the wrongdoers."

                (Surah Al Hujurath :11)

Omaiza's POV
A gentle knock on my door pulls my attention away from the Quran I've been reading. I rise from my prayer mat and carefully set aside the sacred book. "Come in," I invite softly. The door opens, and Yasir bhai enters, bringing with him a quiet air of companionship.

"Aiza," he calls my name, his tone both warm and respectful. "Bhai, please, have a seat," I gesture towards my bed, a welcoming smile on my lips. He settles onto the bed, and I position myself across from him, an unspoken connection passing between us. "Did you need something?" I inquire, my curiosity piqued.

"I'll be going trekking tomorrow. Luth wanted to know if you'd like to join us," he explains. At the mention of Luth's name, a mixture of emotions stirs within me, a blend of intrigue and a sense of connection that I'm still unraveling. "Yes, I'd love to, in sha Allah. Anything for you, bhai," I respond, a genuine willingness to share in his interests.

Yasir bhai's smile warms my heart, and I can't help but return the gesture. "Fantastic! I'll inform Luth that we'll be camping," he states, rising from the bed as he prepares to leave. However, he halts mid-step. "Oh, one more thing," he adds with a gentle tone, pausing to convey another piece of information. "Mahira will be joining us." My excitement blooms at the thought of her presence, knowing that I won't be the sole woman on this adventure.

"Alright, I'll see you downstairs," Yasir bhai concludes, patting my shoulder before making his exit. "Bhai?" I call after him, seeking his attention once more. He turns to face me, his demeanor attentive. "Yes, Aiza?" I stumble over my words, my cheeks warming as I attempt to articulate my emotions. "Promise me you'll never leave me?" I implore, the sentiment in my heart extending far beyond those words. While I long to express the depth of my feelings, my words falter, leaving an unspoken connection between us.

Yasir bhai's smile holds a comforting understanding. "I know you care for me, Aiza. I care for you too. I'll always be there for you—no matter the circumstances." A soft giggle escapes me, the tension dissipating as his words ease my heart. "Thank you, bhai," I whisper, gratitude filling my voice as I reflect on the blessing of his presence in my life.

As he encourages me to get ready for our trekking adventure, I follow his advice and change into appropriate attire.

(Time Skip)

"Assalamu alaikum, Omaiza!" Mahira's cheerful greeting welcomes me as I step into her home. "Wa alaikum assalam, Mahi," I respond, my voice equally bright. "Ready for the adventure?" she inquires with an anticipatory grin. My own smile widens. "AbsoLuthely!"

"I hope you'll find a moment to talk to Luth bhai," she teases, a knowing glint in her eyes. I chuckle softly, "In sha Allah, I will. But let's wait for Yassy to initiate that conversation first." The idea of Yasir bhai discussing this with Luth feels both amusing and heartwarming.

Her surprise is evident as she responds, "Yasir bhaiya?" Her astonishment prompts me to inquire, "Is there something unexpected about that?" She hastens to reassure me, "No, not at all! It's just... I guess I hadn't thought about it before. I understand how protective brothers can be."

Just as our conversation unfolds, Yasir bhai approaches, ready to embark on our trekking journey. "May I?" he asks politely, and we make room for him to gather our bags. Abba, slightly bleary-eyed, emerges from the house, his presence reassuring. I embrace him warmly, "Assalamu alaikum, Abba." He reciprocates, "Wa alaikum assalam, baccha. Take care of yourselves," he imparts, planting a gentle kiss on my forehead before addressing Yasir bhai. "Yasir, take care of my daughters. They're under your care now." Yasir bhai acknowledges his words with respect, "Of course, Abba. Both my sisters are my responsibility."