-Unfolding chaos-

He is the One Who created you from a single soul, then from it made its spouse so he may find comfort in her.
(Surah Al Araf -189)

Luth's pov             

Omaiza's phone continuously flashes, which she ignores. It wasn't until some twentieth call that she finally excused herself to pick up the phone. Her smile fades away and she turns pale. Why is she frowning?

"Luth, when is Fatimah coming?" Zaid asks. My eyes are drawn away from Omaiza. "Fatimah?" Mahira says confusedly. "Fatimah is Luth's younger sister," he explains. "Oh, I didn't know you had a younger sister, bhai!" she says as she turns toward me. "Yeah, she's studying in Boston," I responded. "Ma sha Allah, I'd love to meet her!" she smiles. "In sha Allah, I will intr-" "Aunty!" Omaiza screams. We stare at her. My gaze fixes upon her, watching her as she shivers. She throws her phone to the ground and covers her ears.

"Omaiza!?" I yell. She continues to tremble, barely looking my way. I pick up her phone, "Assalamu alaikum." "Now who is she sleeping with?" I hear Yasmin aunty mutter into the phone. Ugh, not her again. How long do we have to deal with this awful person? "Excuse me! Please mind your words," I frown in disbelief. I hear her chuckling, "You don't need to teach me, Luth." I roll my eyes and hand the phone to Yasir. I can't deal with this right now. I might lose it if I hear another word from her. "Yasir, your mom wants to talk to you."

Yasir groans and takes the phone in my hand, already knowing the situation. "Ammi, why do you have to ruin everything?" he whines. A few seconds go by and I hear aunty complaining about something. "It's not like that. I love you ammi! But why do you despise her? She is my sister, you can't treat her like this!" He continues to argue with his mom while I search for Omaiza. Where did she run off to?

I walk around a bit until I hear quiet hiccups. I find Omiaza hugging her knees, just as I had seen her in her room that night. "Omaiza?" I move closer. "You alright?" "I swear to Allah, I didn't sleep with anyone. Yasmin a- aunty is ly- lying," she cries, placing her forehead between her knees. "Please take me away. I- I can't take this any- anymore." I kneel beside her, "I will, I promise. But I don't know if I'm ready to-" No, I can't say that... "Lut?" she looks up at me. "Yes?" "Will you do the nikkah tomorrow?" What? Tomorrow? "you want me to?" I ask her worried, but my heart aches. The fact that she wants to do the nikkah only to escape reality? Im just an excuse for her to flee. Will you be at ease, Omaiza?" she takes a few seconds before nodding.
"Okay then" , still unsure I smile. "Want to go back and join others?" I ask. "No, I want to go home. Wait! Not home... to the library?" Uncertain of her purpose, she averts her gaze. "I'll inform Yasir. We'll take a cab then." She replies with "hmm" and rubs her eyes with the hem of her sleeves.

.
.
.

I sit in the passenger seat of the cab while Omiaza sits in the back. I had to make arrangements for the nikkah, I texted Yasir and Zaid and let them know about us going back home.
Omaiza and I are in the cab. I'm still in shock.

I sent Abbu a text on my family WhatsApp group:
Me: Assalamu alaikum guys... Uhm... There is a change in the plan... I'm having nikkah tomorrow 😬 in sha Allah.

Fatoom: 😵‍💫🙄 bhai?

Zaid: bruh? 🥶 you cool man?

Ammi: beta? Kya hua? ( what happen )sab khairiyat? Omaiza teek hai? ( is everything alright? Is omaiza fine? ) Ammi being my typical mom concerned.

Me: Guys! GUYZ!! Chill 🙌🙌
I gotta call from the office I'll have to leave soon plus I want to keep the nikkah very minimal. Like in the sunnah way so that I can have only my close ones.✨

Zaid: looks like someone's in a hurry 🤷‍♂️😏

Me: shut up bruh 😒

Fatoom: what about me bhai? 🥺 am I not included? 🥲🥲

Ammi: Luth? Is this really what you want? Anything for you baccha 😇

Abba: what is going on people? 🥸

I replied to fatoom: Girl! Without you and my nikkah? 🤌 you think it's possible? 🫤
Off course it is 😂🤣

Fatoom: Ammi!!! Abbu!!!! Look at him teasing kuch kahe na!!! ( say something ) 😫

Ammi: Luth stop pulling her legs 🤦‍♀️ come on be serious!

Zaid: Luth stop playing around and commence dude !🙄 we got no time bruh!!!!

Abba: I just finished reading!!!! Tomorrow??? 🤯 what about kaazi sahb?? Catering?? Lights????😵‍💫😵‍💫

Me: ya Allah!!! Chill guys! 1st fatoom you have an early morning flight to catch so shut your phone and get your ass packed 😂
2nd Abbu and zaid relax we are doing the nikkah in the mosque and food after the Isha prayer in sha Allah.
3rd Ammi in sha Allah we can call the rest of our family to the reception. You happy ammi? 🙂
I'm sorry for hurrying things up guys.

Zaid: cut the emotions for some other day 😂

Fatoom: bye guys 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️💨💨

Ammi: In sha Allah beta... Tawakkaltu ala Allah ( put your trust in Allah )

Abba: so it's decided then in sha Allah have lot of work to do son will meet you soon .... Take care

Me: yea yea ... Allah Hafiz ✨

I tried to be convincing and promising to everyone, especially to ammi she got a huge family. And finally all agreed. Alhamdullilah I'm blessed to have such a supportive family.

I peek through the rearview mirror - Omaiza has her head resting against the window. It almost looks like her eyes are closed. Conceivably she is sleeping.

My mind whirls with millions of thoughts as I look away from her. I genuinely like her, Allah. Wallahi, I'm not doubting your plans. Please make it easy for both of us.

-A few hours later which felt like forever-

The taxi stops in front of a library. "Omaiza," I called her softly, patting her gently. "We're here." Her eyes flutter open and stare into my eyes. Her eyes widened slightly. Why is she always shocked?
Do I scare her?

"Jazakallah," she mumbles and steps out of the cab, walks towards the entrance of the library... alone! I look back at the cab driver and give him some cash for tips. "Thanks," he nods and drives off. I turn back around, fully expecting Omaiza to be at the doors, waiting for me but I don't see her anywhere. Great, where has she wandered off to now?