Chapter 6 Another party?

Successfully I have avoided my family for 1 week. I am currently getting ready for a charity event hosted in our hospital for cancer society.
I wear a red off shoulder dress and wear my nude pumps. I already regret as I look myself at the mirror. The Spanx is not doing any good, my tummy is still peeping as I turn sideways, I mentally wince at my heels which has already started creating bruise.
I look at my bed, which is looking comfortable and I just feel to remover everything and put on my comfy pajamas and jump into the bed.

My thoughts get stopped when my phone rings. I take it out of my clutch to see it's my mom, it's the 10 time she called me in 2 hours. She is simply not getting my message that I don't want to talk with her.
So already having my dampened mood more bad. I walk towards my car.
***
I look around and see my work bestie Amanda. She is a walking perfection, I know her since med school, she is such a down to earth person and always is first in helping people. She is one of the good souls I know.

I walk towards her and she says "Finally Emma, good that you came. Because I was close to coming to your house and drag you here."
I laugh at her face trying to intimidate me and say "Aww sweetie don't scrunch up you face like that. Wrinkles are not good for your face."
She shakes her head and visibly stiffens and puts her hair behind her ears and ladies and gentlemen pave way for flirty Amanda. I shrug and ask "So who is the lucky guy that you are eye raping?"
She says "Damn for sure I am removing his clothes through my eyes. And I am sure you will do too, 12 o clock and thank me."

I turn to find the man that had literally ruined my last week. And it's none other that James Carter still walking like God.
I shake my head and turn to chuckling Amanda. She knows about everything, I told her from the unexpected announcement to the awkward brunch. She shakes her head and says "Sorry Em, but your face was priceless."
I shake my head and look around to see the Event organiser is walking towards us and boy let me tell you he was a walking eye candy. Like damn I could see his abs through the tight fitted shirt and casual jacket that he had thrown over it. He literally looks like a model.
I smile and he says "Ladies I hope you are enjoying the evening?"
We nod our heads and I say "Adam this party is livid. I love it. I am sure we are going to follower serious funds today." He nods his head and says "Of course Emma, you know how this cause is important to me. I wanted the best." I can see his eyes shine and notice him trying to control his tears.
It's that he lost him mom 2 years ago to the awful cancer. She was a great fighter, we tried all tart we can do. But one fine day she was gone and it was not a ugly site to see Adam, he was crushed was an understatement.
After months of therapy, now he is an elite event manager and is an active supporter of California Cancer society.

I nod my head and place my hands on his bicep and squeeze it and say "Don't worry Adam your mother is in a good place."
He looks up and nods his head and takes in breaths and says "So about why I came here. Mr. Walker wants to meet you."
I nod my head and say "Lead the way." And motion my hands.
As we were walking he takes a glass was wine and gives it to me and say "Emma you look so beautiful today."
I take up the glass and look down and allow my face to be covered by my hair to hid my raising blush.

He chuckles and says "Aw did I make the famous Emma to blush."
I hit his arm and he winces and says "Woman watch out, we are in a party."
And he comes closer to my ears and says "Just wait till we get to the indoors and you can hit me as much as you want." And wiggles his eyebrows.

I shake my head and walk towards Mr. Walker. He was the main incharge of Cancer society in California. He was a sweet old man in his sixties.
He is still active and running even his health is slowly deteriorating as he is a victim of the deadly disease as well.

I tap his shoulders and he turns with a beaming smile and I say "Hello handsome, looking dashing as ever I see?"
He says "Oh darling I know that I am, but look at you. Looking so ravishing in red. Trying to seduce this old man I see."
I smile and say "Is it working?"
I feel my pain in my ears and I turn to see beautiful Mrs. Walker and she says "Leave my husband alone ok! He has a daughter in your age."
I laugh and hug the amazing and sweetest lady I have ever seen, she is like my other grandma. She gives me the most meaningful advices and always helps me in crisis situation. She was a doctor too in our hospital but she retired now and is taking care of her husband.
I say "Mrs. Walker how can you think even for a second that your young and dashing husband would leave you for me. You know you are have the body and heart that no women has in this party including me."
She slaps my hands and says "Don't you ever say that young lady, there is nothing working with you. Turn around look at the men literally eye raping you."
I shake my head and before I could say something Mr. Walker says "Hey.. I would like to meet my good friend who has given us the most heavtiest cheque so far."
I turn to see again the man who is ruining my life. He smirks and says "Oh Mr. Walker, we know each other don't we, my dear fiancé?"
I can see his eyes twinkling at my uncomfortable situation.
Oh boy wrong move, you will repent this James Carter.
Let the game begin.
________________________________
Hey guys
Hope you like this chapter.
Voice out your thoughts,
Vote and comment.