Chapter 22

Taehyung sits on his chair, staring at his table scattered with unsigned documents needing his approval. He stayed in the whole weekend, trying to get enough rest before starting the week again. He hates it when he is sick, he couldn't do his work and he couldn't even focus on anything. Out of all the things he hates; getting sick is one of them.

"I really need a break, don't I", he sighs before leaning back into his chair, staring at the empty ceiling

"I really need a break, don't I", he sighs before leaning back into his chair, staring at the empty ceiling. Closing his eyes shut, calming himself as he tries to clear his mind, wanting to think of nothing but good thoughts.

Lately, he has been finding himself thinking about Hwayoung more often than before. He has been browsing through photos of them together and it makes him regretful. No matter how bad he wants to put the blame of her, part of him still believes that he could have done better to protect her from everything that has happened.

Hwayoung was his first love and will always be his first love.

Tapping the ball of his feet on the carpeted floor, twirling his chair slightly to the left and right, he begins to hum his favorite song, La Vie En Rose – Hwayoung and his favourite song. He remembers their date going to the orchestra just to catch this song being played live. That particular night is his favorite because that's the night he confessed his love to her and the day they finally got together. How he wished he could turn back time and relive every moment spent with Hwayoung.

Hwayoung

Taehyung couldn't make up his mind , he is having this confusing love-hate feeling towards her now. Knowing that she left him, at the darkest time of his life—it makes him question their relationship. How could she disappear, leaving without a trail and abandoning him when he was trying his best to protect their relationship. Was he not important to her? Was their relationship meant to end just like that?

And

Will he give her a second chance if she ever comes back?

-

"Tae, we are meeting the architect today

"Tae, we are meeting the architect today. Are you coming as well?"

"Who?"

Jungkook shakes his head in disbelief as he approaches his cousin sitting at his table, eyes glued to the laptop screen.