Chapter 30

"To Japan? You're freaking going to Japan? With him? Are you eloping!?", Eri asked as she jumps onto Risa's comfy bed, rolling to her back, sleepy eyes looking up to her friend.

"For goodness sake, can you not ? He told me there's an important conference and then, there's a dinner that requires my presence. I don't mind attending these high society events but—"

"What if your father sees your photos? Is that your concern?", Eri cuts in. "He wouldn't mind. Nobody knows that he is your father, yet. I believe it won't reach him that fast. Your father is in London god sake. He has no time for these petty things happening here. Don't worry too much"

Risa slowly turns to look at Eri, sighing as she shakes her head. "I am not worrying about that. What I worry is, what if someone knows that I am his daughter?"

Eri finally gets up, the small smirk on her face disappears instantly as she heard that. "Now that's tough. I don't think anyone would recognize you. You are all grown up now. And your father protected your identity since that incident. You're safe. Now, can you please not be gloomy? Think about your honeymoon with your baby taetae. Oh god, are you going to sleep in the same room!??"

"Last chance Eri, last chance. Don't ever address him with that name. It irks me"

-

Karin throws the newspaper into the trash bin, groaning as she massages her forehead. This is not the way to start her morning, reading trashy articles about her brother just wanting to stir gossip among the bloodlines. She can't stop the media from digging Taehyung's past, but she doesn't like it when they begin to do assumptions about the identity of Risa.

Risa does not belong to the high-society mess, nor she must bear the consequence of being dragged into the drama. Despite the gossips easing down, there are still a few journalists whom are thirsty for malicious gossips, just to get the attention of the netizens, reading false information about Taehyung and his new "girlfriend".

"The newspaper isn't it?", Jimin takes the seat in front of her, looking worried as he observes the stress present on her face. "Jungkook is working on it"

"Look Jimin, I really don't want Risa to be dragged into this mess. I thought the gossips are beginning to go away but—"

"Karin, listen. You are doing great. That small publishing company has no power over us. You know Jungkook knows what to do when it comes to this. You're not alone in this. You have us, remember?", Jimin smiles, assuring her the best as he can.

Letting out a long sigh, she looks at Jimin, smiling softly at her as if telling her not to worry too much about the matter

Letting out a long sigh, she looks at Jimin, smiling softly at her as if telling her not to worry too much about the matter. Deep down, she wishes that the media will just drop their interest on Risa and write about something else. But day by day, they are just slowly digging past articles about Taehyung and his lost lover, Hwayoung, and then comparing her with the new girl. True, they have no idea about Risa's identity, but if they are not careful, they might.