Chapter 11-A New Team

Peter had thought about what he had witnessed. Something about it made his stomach turn. He came up with the decision to tell all the NYPD to go either airborne or go home. He couldn't let Connors hurt anybody else.
   After he and Felicia left the scene, he called MJ to make sure that she was still okay. "Hey, Pete," she answered. "I heard about what happened. Is everyone okay?"
   "Yeah," Peter said with a sigh of relief. "Yuri is probably going to be pissed at me for the rest of my life because of this, but I think we did the best that we could do in this situation." He and Felicia kept leaping from roof to roof to Oscorp. "Kurt's becoming more and more unstable, MJ," he continued. "There's really no sign of humanity in him left. I don't know what I can do to stop him."
   MJ smiled as she spoke to him. "You'll find something out, Peter. I know that you will. Spider-Man always wins." Peter chuckled at her. "I'll talk to you later, Pete. You get to work."
   "Will do," he said. "I love you. Be safe."
   "Love you, too, tiger."
   After he hung up, he put his phone back in his pocket and looked forward. Felicia was looking back and smirking at him.
   "What are you looking at?" he asked her.
   "A true loverboy by the sound of it," she responded with a giggle.
   "Shut up..."

  Harry was in one of the back rooms helping Otto with his "lizard snatcher" arms. Dr. Octavius was a genius in Neuro technology with prosthetics. It was a blessing to have him work at Oscorp. The only thing was, at the speed that Kurt was losing himself, if they didn't stop the Lizard, they wouldn't have an Oscorp to work at.
   Otto looked at his computer to configure something. "Wireless neural network is up," he said typing in more code. "When I wear the ear piece, it should link directly to the electromagnetic waves in my brain."
   Harry shook his head and chuckled. "This shit sounds like it's out of a science fiction movie....neural network? Electromagnetic waves?"
   Otto laughed and continued typing in more code. "Well, I'm one of the only scientists that went into this field. SHIELD offered me a job to delve deeper in it, but you never know what they're gonna use it for."
   "Yeah, that's true," he said. "And, doc, you're sure that these...arms are gonna be able to hold him?"
   Otto nodded. "If my calculations are correct, it should be able to control around a ton and a half."
   Harry's eyes got wide. "Wow, that's uh...that's a lot."
   "Yep," Otto replied while typing in more code. "The flexibility ratio allows me to use these four babies for anything."
   Harry picked up the neural controller earpiece and examined it. "And you control it just by using this?"
   "Yep," he said. "I just think about what I want them to do, and they do it."
   "Wow... That's impressive." Harry thought for a second. "What if this gets damaged?"
   "What do you mean?"
   Harry kept looking at the earpiece. "I mean, if this gets damaged, you wouldn't be able to control the arms?"
   Otto nodded. "Yes," he replied, "but, it's highly dangerous near electrical fields."
   "Dangerous?"
   He took it from Harry and opened the wire panel. "The technology works by amplifying my brain's electromagnetic waves from my spine, making this little earpiece like another backbone. I rubberized the outside to protect from fields, but exposure to direct electricity could lead to brain damage."
   Harry nodded and pressed his lips together. "So, keep it away from electricity. Gotcha." He was about to walk away, but he turned and moved back to Otto. "Hey, doc, can I ask your opinion on something?"
   Otto turned with an eyebrow raised. "I don't see why not, Harry."
   Harry led Otto to another laboratory where the technology department was located. As he opened the doors, he showed the doctor the creation he wanted to use. "I know it's not in good taste, but I wanted to create a new design for dad's Glider, but you know....one that's used for good stuff."
   Otto looked at the slick new design of this new hoverglider that Harry had designed. It was still a little rustic, but it looked much more functional than Norman's board. "It looks functional if you need to use it tonight." He gave it one last look. "Are you sure that you'll be able to use it?"
   "No," Harry said with a smile. "But there's no time like tonight I guess."
   Suddenly, they heard a ping on their computer. It was done...the antidote for Kurt was done. Finally they could put a stop to this.
   Otto smirked. "It's done. We can end this tonight. Let's go tell Peter so we can end this.