Chapter 61. Make things worse

(🚨Long chapter ahead 🚨)

∆~×~∆

Ayush's advice worked. I apologized to my friends and even though they avoided me, I was happy that they were not being rude to Parth and Surbhi. Tanya had initiated talk with Surbhi on her own and maybe she finally sorted out their differences.

My best friend looked in a good mood and I saw her chatting with Divya when they were going for their lectures. Since, Surbhi shared most of her lectures with Tanya and other girls, it must have been really hard for her to ignore them.

Moreover, they were fighting with each other when none of them had done anything wrong. So, it was really nice to see them get back on talking terms and they avoided mentioning anything related to me or Rashi's boyfriend.

Even if Nikhil and Shree showed that they didn't care, I knew that they didn't want to mistreat Parth. And now that I had cleared out their misunderstandings to some extent, they were more welcoming and nice to my best friend.

In conclusion, a simple apology saved their friendships. I was content with being alone and Shreyas scolded me for saying sorry to everyone but I told him that it would not hurt anyone. He gave up and told me to do whatever I wanted.

Surbhi worried for me and always tried to include me in the group but I kept my distance. Just as I had suggested, Tanya and Divya came to sit with us during lunch and Rashi aslo joined after a few days.

Though none of them talked to me. I also preferred it to be that way. I didn't want to force them to be my friend if they didn't want to. But I didn't want to leave Surbhi alone too. Actually, she wouldn't have let me.

Tanya exchanged a few words with me and told me that she had talked to Rashi about what I had said. Rashi was still not convinced but she understood that Surbhi had no fault in this. I thanked Tanya for that and assured her that what I had said earlier about not bothering them was true.

She nodded and then we went to our respective lectures. Other classes were okay but Chemistry class was really difficult. Shree was my lab partner and I did my best to not come in his way as he made sure that Mahek didn't come under my target.

Mahek tried to annoy me a lot of times and would always pass comments on me during class. She would come to Shree and tell him to stay away from me or to just change the lab partner.

I ignored her though my hands were itching to punch her everytime. I even asked Nair mam in front of everyone if we could exchange the lab partners, but she refused and ended up saying that Shree and I had good team work.

So, he was stuck with me for another semester. I completely avoided him whenever he would crack jokes or pull a prank on someone. Many times, I caught him looking at me but I didn't pay any attention.

I just did my work and talked to him only when it was related to assignments or an experiment we had to do together. Apart from that, nothing else. I did the same with Nikhil too. I kept all the talks formal and minded my business.

Earlier I used to get sad over little things like why he would not talk to me or why no one believed me but now I had stopped doing that. It was meaningless. And I had noticed that I had less drama happening in my life when I didn't poke my nose in someone else's life.

I could concentrate on my studies and other activities which were actually going to benefit me in the future instead of running behind the fools who didn't even value me. It was high time I started investing in myself.

And the only person who needed to be thanked for this was Ayush. Yeah, he said a lot of harsh things but if he hadn't said those words, I would be still an idiot who thought that I could make everything alright.