Chapter 64. Two can play the game

(🚨 Long chapter ahead 🚨)

∆~×~∆

I hung my sling bag over my shoulder and took my phone. I checked the time in my watch and it showed 9:07 am. I got out of my room and went downstairs. Mom and dad were sitting on the sofa and were having breakfast while watching a comedy film.

"Bye, mom and dad. I will be back in the evening or maybe in the afternoon," I informed them and they both nodded.

"Take care, kiddo. Call us if you get in any trouble," dad said and I gave him a smile.

"You can take the scooter if you want, I am not taking it anywhere today," he added.

"It's okay, dad. It will be easier if I took the bus as there will be a lot of traffic considering it is Sunday today," I replied. "I should get going or I will be late for the movie."

"Enjoy yourself," mom said and I apologized to her for ditching her today.

I had planned on taking her to the spa and wanted to spend some time with her, but I could't because I was taking Zoya for a movie. Mom told me that we could go some other day and maybe we could ask Nikhil's mom to join us too.

"Thanks, ma. I promise I will take you out later," I said and dad waved me off.

"I am taking her on a date today. Don't worry, we will enjoy ourselves," he said and winked at mom.

She blushed and hit his chest playfully. He gave her a sweet smile and began teasing her more. I laughed at their exchange and left the house after saying goodbye. I reached the bus stop and within seconds, the bus arrived.

I got in and reached my destination after around forty five minutes of driving. I had memorized the route, so I didn't have much trouble finding Faiyaz's house. I rang the bell once I reached there, and a middle-aged woman opened the door.

"Assalamu alaikum, beta. May I know who you are?" she asked in a sweet voice. I assumed she was Faiyaz's mother.

"Walekum assalam, aunty," I returned the greeting. "I am Sandhya, Faiyaz's friend. I came to pick up Zoya for the movie."

She nodded and invited me inside. She called Zoya who was in her room and was getting ready. Aunty told me to sit on the sofa and went in the kitchen to bring me some water.

As I sat in the living room, I observed my surroundings. There was a sofa set on the right side-on which I was currently sitting on, a centre table, and a small LCD TV was hanging on the opposite cream coloured wall. There were some extra chairs which were lying on the left side and a small book shelf occupied the corner.

The house was small but really cozy. I saw some framed pictures on the walls along with some paintings. Everything screamed home and even though I was alone in the room, I didn't feel like it.

Aunty came with a tray in her hands which had a glass of water, apple juice, Pepsi, biscuits, cookies, and kachoris. My mouth watered at the sight. She told me to be comfortable and eat whatever I liked.

"You didn't have to bring all this, aunty. Just water would have been enough," I said politely.

"There is no need to be shy, beta. Think it of as your own home. We are not strangers," she replied. "Faiyaz told me about you and I really wanted to thank you for helping him."

"I don't mind, aunty. He is my friend."

We smiled at each other, and since aunty said that I could eat whatever I wanted, I drank everything and ate most of the cookies and kachoris.