30

• Jimin •

"Wait, what?"

Hoseok chokes on his coffee, staring at me, and Taehyung grins, leaning back in his fiance's lap. "Told you, Seokie. You owe me twenty bucks."

"You guys bet on whether I'd kiss Yoongi yesterday?" I stare at the two as Taehyung nods, looking proud of himself, and I press a hand to my forehead. "Charming."

"What did you say to him after?" Hoseok shoves Taehyung off his lap fairly unceremoniously, making his way to sit by me. "Yoongi's probably - "

"We didn't really talk, after. But we held hands."

Hoseok blinks at me. "So...you kissed him and walked him home without clarifying your relationship."

"I was going to talk to him today - "

Hoseok rolls his eyes, pulling out his phone, typing for a minute before he stows the device in his pocket once more. "He's on his way."

I blink at him as Taehyung grins. "Hoseok is really good at this stuff."

Hoseok chuckles, shrugging. "Make sure you figure out what's going on, Jimin. Yoongi's going to be really insecure about it unless you guys label this somehow."

"I know. I was planning on it, yesterday was just so perfect that I didn't."

Taehyung grins at me. "You look so happy thinking about it."

"Shut up," I mumble playfully, tossing a sofa pillow at him before standing, making my way into their kitchen for a glass of water. "When will Yoongi get here?"

There's a tap on the door and Hoseok tilts his head toward the entry way. "Go talk to him."

I choke on my water, not expecting him to be here already, but I obey the older boy, making my way to the door, opening it; I lean against the doorframe, a smile tugging at my lips as I take in his pink cheeks, his slightly widened eyes, his slightly glossy lips. "Hey."

Yoongi stares at me for a minute, then a tiny, genuine, shy smile creeps over his lips. "Hi."

We just stand there for a moment, eyes on each other. His dark hair is blown back from the wind, his cheeks pink, and I can't help my smile, leaning on the doorframe as we just stand there silently, eyes search each other's for the remberance of yesterday.

"Go outside and talk, don't just stand awkwardly in my doorway," Taehyung yells from the living room, and I can't help laughing slightly as Yoongi startles, pink creeping over his cheeks as he grins slightly. I step out into the hallway, closing the door behind me, turning to face the older boy.

"Sleep well?"

He nods slightly, quiet, and I brush my hair out of my eyes, my stomach turning nervous butterflies.

"I did. I dreamed about the park."

He flushes, a tiny smile tugging at his lips. "Me too."

I give him a smile, reaching out to gently pick a piece of lint from his shirt sleeve, then letting my hand linger there, brushing the skin of his arm lightly with my fingers, my voice quieter. "Can we do it again sometime?"

He glances at me, then away, shy, and I wait for his response, smiling at how sweet he is. Yoongi's never been one to speak a lot, only what needs to be said, and his shyness around me seems to reduce his discussion even more.

"Which part?" He says finally, his eyes on the wall next to me, cheeks red as he toys with his phone in his hand, turning it over and over, waiting for my response.

"All of it," I reach up to brush a strand of his dark hair out of his eyes, and he meets my gaze, his dark eyes unsure, serious, searching. "The dinner, the drinks, the ice cream, the walk..." I pause for a moment, then the words escape my lips. "The kiss."

His cheeks deepen in color, but he doesn't look away from me, swallowing slightly, his voice raspy. "I..." He clears his throat briefly, brushing his fingers through his hair, obviously nervous. "I'd like that."

I can't help my smile, and I let my hand linger on his jaw, gently brushing my thumb over the pink flush of his cheek of no volition of my own, enjoying the tingle his skin brings me. "So...if I asked you to date me."

He glances away, the eye contact overwhelming, a slight nod and a smile creeping over his lips telling me more than words, and I can't help myself, gently tugging Yoongi closer, wrapping my arms around the taller man, and it's a moment before he relaxes, his arms coming to rest around my waist, hugging me back gently, and I can't help brushing my nose to the soft skin of his neck, and I can smell his shampoo, and his slightly smoky, sweet scent.

"Can I kiss you again?" I ask quietly, and he lets out a soft breath, and I can hear the tiny smile on his lips as he replies, his voice quiet, shy.

"Yeah."

I pull away slightly, and he's so close, his dark eyelashes and pale skin and pink cheeks and pink lips only inches away from mine as I can't help my smile, loving the way his eyes crinkle in response.

"You're so beautiful," I say softly, before closing the short distance between us, enclosing his soft lips with mine, a tingle running down my spine as his arms tighten slightly around my waist, almost as if involuntarily, his head tilting and eyes fluttering closed in response to my touch. I move slightly, tasting the sweetness of his mouth, the way he opens his lips in response, this kiss sweet, slow, a simple affectionate caress between the two of us.

I'm almost lightheaded as I pull away, not from lack of air but simply the feeling of being so close to him, so perfectly fitted against him, that kissing Yoongi brings. His cheeks fill with color, and his eyes crinkle slightly, full of a sweet, shy happiness as I press another soft kiss to his mouth, cupping his jaw in my fingers as I pull away.

We're both quiet for a long moment, simply breathing our shared air, arms still holding the other tightly, and I smile at him, brushing a strand of hair out of his eyes.

"You're so perfect, Min Yoongi."

And he smiles slightly, likely remembering the cold night that we danced down the street, those words escaping my lips as I had been unable to help my happiness at being there with him, so similar to the exhilaration I'm feeling now.

"You're perfect," he says softly, and there's no hesitation in his voice, just the soft earnestness as he holds my gaze.

I can't help the smile creeping over my lips, tugging him down toward me for one more kiss before we join the engaged couple.

Who were definitely not watching the whole scene unfold through the door's peephole.

~

Fin.

~

I hope you loved reading this story as much as I loved writing it. This was the first ship story I have written, and I loved exploring their relationship much more deeply than I have in my other books.

As much as it tortured you, I loved writing how the two of them became more to each other, their relationship slowly growing to something more than friendship even before any physical show of emotion. I really enjoyed writing this, because I feel like it almost shows a bit more than my other stories how a relationship can hold the deepest love even before kisses and official labels.

Thanks for reading.