59 | burning desire

Isabelle's point of view
(not for long though)
(but it's quite a long chapter eheh)

When my eyelids fluttered open the next morning, taken out of my sleep by my alarm, my first move was to extend the arm under the covers, blindly searching for her in the bed we secretly shared.

But I soon realized how empty the bed was.
Looking around, I spotted her at the window, blankly staring at the view, only wearing a long t-shirt along with a pair of shorts, her hair up in a messy ponytail.

I appreciated the view she was offering me for a minute, before leaving the warmth of the blanket to go wrap my arms around her.

"Good morning." I said, smiling against the skin of her neck.

"Hey, I didn't want to wake you up, you seemed tired." She explained, letting her head fall onto my shoulder with a sigh.

"That's nice of you, thanks babe."

Lost in our embrace, I remained quiet for a while, just listening to her regular breathing and the birdsong we could hear through the mid-opened window while the sun was making its appearance at the horizon.

"Did you sleep alright?" I questioned, realizing she was strangely silent.

"Kinda. I woke up a few times." She mumbled, turning her head towards me and showing me the little rings she indeed had under her eyes.

I gave her a small pout, earning a cute and unexpected smile from her before she too briefly pecked my lips.

A small electronic noise then made her head turn towards its direction extremely quick before she excused herself and almost ran towards her phone under my suspicious gaze.

"Is it Sarah?" I questioned, doing my best to not let my jealousy be heard in my tone as I leant against the window, arms crossed over my chest.

"Yes." She simply said before letting her phone fall onto the mattress, coming back to my arms and allowing my jealousy to fly away with this adorable move. I was fully aware she hadn't replied to her long time lost friend.

"Why didn't you answer?"

She shrugged, unconsciously hugging me tighter against her which drew a discreet smile on my lips.

"I don't know. It's weird."

"Why?"

"...I just don't like the feeling I'm getting. Like she's talking to me exactly like in the past, as if nothing happened. She's giving me petnames, she's making jokes, sending me pics of her cats, I mean... things can't be that easy, right?"
Her eyes met mine during her speech, showing me how needy of an answer she was right now.

Being the girlfriend I wanted to be to her, I shut down the jelly part of me who came back when I heard about this petname thing, and gave her what I would say if she was just a friend.

"I guess it depends on you. If you wanna make it hard like a revenge, sort of, then you're totally allowed to do it. And if you wanna make it simple, let things become what they were before without forgetting that she hurt you in the past, do it."

Of course I wanted to keep her all for myself, but I knew how much that bitch meant to her. Maybe she became better and wiser with time, and believe me I wasn't forgetting her for hurting my baby, but sometimes people could change.
I truly hoped so.

She gave me a silent nod before replacing her head on my exposed collarbone, taking the few minutes we had before we would have to go separate ways and pretend like we were only teacher and student for the whole day again.